Wind Star Cruise Review by jefffatheroftrey: Honesty and Integrity

Honesty and Integrity

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

I will be a Windstar cruiser for life after our 2nd voyage with them. After a wonderful week on board the Windstar going from Istanbul to Athens with 5 stops in between it got even better. I had left my University of Florida Football National Championship ring in our stateroom when it fell out of my backpack. Our wonderful steward, Cecep, found it and had it forwarded to our Athens hotel before I even knew I had lost it. I will be forever grateful to Cecep for his honesty and integrity.

The week started well when several crew members remembered my wife and me from a cruise we took last year. By the 2nd day of the cruise every food and beverage service member would know all 140 of us by name. It's amazing how they do that on Windstar cruises. The food and service was excellent and the crew could not have been nicer. The Captain and I were discussing the Costa tragedy and without my asking he had a good magazine article sent to our room for me to enjoy. The refurbished ship was More beautiful and the afternoon treats on deck never failed to cool us off. As did the ice wash cloths waiting for us when we returned from our tours every day.

If you are looking for comfort and personal service, on a ship that makes you feel like you are really on a boat, Windstar is the cruise line for you. Less

Read more Wind Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Wind Star Review >>

Cabin review: Wind Star Category A Deck Two 240

All the cabins are the same. The closet space was more than adequate and the bathroom was excellent.

While it was extremely windy, the winding and narrow streets of Mykonos protected us from the gusts. It made for a relaxing stroll through this lovely village full of high end shops, and restaurants.

Read 381 Mykonos Reviews

A photographers dream with whitewashed buildings and beautiful blue domes. Lunch overlooking the caldera and indigo blue water was perfect.