Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by lenquixote66

Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Gem
Member Name: lenquixote66
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: OB
See More About: Norwegian Gem Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Gem Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Gem Deck Plans
The Good ,the bad and in between

This was a family cruise to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries .We arrived at the port 10:30AM .By 11:10 boarding began. We were aboard the ship at 11:30 and went to the MDR for lunch 15 minutes later .The food was very good . We then headed for our stateroom and met our Steward Audley who was excellent at his job .We unpacked relaxed a bit and went to the mandatory muster drill .The first time that we were not on deck for a drill . We were on deck as the ship sailed away and then went to dinner ,a tasty meal.In all the food was fair .One of my daughters a vegetarian received 2 orders containing meat . With one exception the waiters were as slow as tortoises .

The shows were adequate .The guest entertainers were okay .My major problem was the size of the stateroom .I am nearly 6'6 and I could not fit into a portion of the bathroom . My wife and I could not sleep on the bed as there was not enough room on either end to walk through .We had to opt for 2 single beds giving us a bit of room in the middle . Leaving the ship to take the tender was not good .I have a balance problem and barely made it onto the tender and back on the ship .

The best part of the cruise was meeting the CD who was excellent at his job .Disembarking was a mess as our car service driver was not allowed to stop in front of the port .We had to cross 12th.Ave and walk to W.49 St.

Publication Date: 07/17/13