Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by lenquixote66: The Good ,the bad and in between

Overall Member Rating

The Good ,the bad and in between

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was a family cruise to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries .We arrived at the port 10:30AM .By 11:10 boarding began. We were aboard the ship at 11:30 and went to the MDR for lunch 15 minutes later .The food was very good . We then headed for our stateroom and met our Steward Audley who was excellent at his job .We unpacked relaxed a bit and went to the mandatory muster drill .The first time that we were not on deck for a drill . We were on deck as the ship sailed away and then went to dinner ,a tasty meal.In all the food was fair .One of my daughters a vegetarian received 2 orders containing meat . With one exception the waiters were as slow as tortoises .

The shows were adequate .The guest entertainers were okay .My major problem was the size of the stateroom .I am nearly 6'6 and I could not fit into a portion of the bathroom . My wife and I could not sleep on the bed as there was not enough room on either end to walk through .We had to opt for 2 single beds giving us More a bit of room in the middle . Leaving the ship to take the tender was not good .I have a balance problem and barely made it onto the tender and back on the ship .

The best part of the cruise was meeting the CD who was excellent at his job .Disembarking was a mess as our car service driver was not allowed to stop in front of the port .We had to cross 12th.Ave and walk to W.49 St. Less

Published 07/17/13

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: OB Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

The cabin was TOO SMALL

Read All Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window (OB) Reviews >>

The barbecue was very good .Our beach time was cut short by a storm .

We were not impressed by Nassau .

Read 4171 Nassau Reviews

Unfortunately our touring of the area was interrupted by a thunderstorm .

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

Member Since 2011
2,303 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X