Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by lenquixote66: The Good ,the bad and in between

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

The Good ,the bad and in between

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was a family cruise to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries .We arrived at the port 10:30AM .By 11:10 boarding began. We were aboard the ship at 11:30 and went to the MDR for lunch 15 minutes later .The food was very good . We then headed for our stateroom and met our Steward Audley who was excellent at his job .We unpacked relaxed a bit and went to the mandatory muster drill .The first time that we were not on deck for a drill . We were on deck as the ship sailed away and then went to dinner ,a tasty meal.In all the food was fair .One of my daughters a vegetarian received 2 orders containing meat . With one exception the waiters were as slow as tortoises .

The shows were adequate .The guest entertainers were okay .My major problem was the size of the stateroom .I am nearly 6'6 and I could not fit into a portion of the bathroom . My wife and I could not sleep on the bed as there was not enough room on either end to walk through .We had to opt for 2 single beds giving us More a bit of room in the middle . Leaving the ship to take the tender was not good .I have a balance problem and barely made it onto the tender and back on the ship .

The best part of the cruise was meeting the CD who was excellent at his job .Disembarking was a mess as our car service driver was not allowed to stop in front of the port .We had to cross 12th.Ave and walk to W.49 St. Less

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Gem

The cabin was TOO SMALL

The barbecue was very good .Our beach time was cut short by a storm .

We were not impressed by Nassau .

Read 2615 Nassau Reviews

Unfortunately our touring of the area was interrupted by a thunderstorm .