Westerdam Cruise Review by marydallas: Most Enjoyable Cruise Ever

Most Enjoyable Cruise Ever

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Our Alaskan cruise was the most wonderful cruise we have taken. Maybe part of it was because the "upgrade fairy" visited us and we sailed in a cabin category called "Neptune Suites".

Believe me, it makes one feel just like royalty.

Arrived in

Seattle two days early, stayed at Paramount Hotel (I would heartily endorse it to anyone).Spennt timrr in

Seattle sightseeing. Amazing "hilly" city. Cab to pier Sat. morn @$10.00. very easy embarkation. had a quick bite in the Lido (jammed with people) and then onto inspect our cabin. Bags already in the cabin. Thrilled with everything. had closets we never used, drawers that we never used....separate shower and tub...and double lavatories. A deck to die for.

Our first port was Juneau...I completely overdressed...thermal toop, plus a sweat suit. (I had been told to dress in layers).. temp reached 83degrees while sightseeing. (Thought I was going to die, ha ha). Juneau a bustling place...lots of shops. More Had a beer in Th Red Dog Saloon. Rode the tramway and saw eagles, etc.

Glacier

Bay is a once in a life time experience. I was awe struck. wHALES WERE AMAZING.

Our next two ports, Sitka and katchakan were very short stops. Wished for more time at these two ports. Victoria at 6:30PM was a disappointment, although we knew ahead of time that was the schedule. Just no time to see Buchart Gardens in our estimation. Had to get bags packed for our 6AM departure the net morn.

My memories are of a lovely trip, wonderful accommodations, all food was good., and menu varied.a crew that spoiled us in every way. , a ship and entertainment that we found suited our tastes perfectly. We hope to cruise Holland American again. Thanks for the "sail". Mary Less

Published 07/16/13

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Westerdam Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: SA7066 Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Looved every inch of it. So many closets we could not use them all. The same goes for drawers. Bed was heavenly...and enough pillows for a scout-camp. Veranda was roomy, the chairs, , and chairs and tavle were used (even though it was an Alaskan cruise we had exceptionally warm weather). Found It difficult to get hot water in the shower...so used the shower in the bath tub... and that worked just fine. Very quiet cabin. Close to theNepotune Longe and had elevators close by.

Read All Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite (SA) Reviews >>
marydallas
Member Since 2008
237 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X