Westerdam Cruise Review by marydallas

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: VC
See More About: Westerdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Westerdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Westerdam Deck Plans
Most Enjoyable Cruise Ever

Our Alaskan cruise was the most wonderful cruise we have taken. Maybe part of it was because the "upgrade fairy" visited us and we sailed in a cabin category called "Neptune Suites".

Believe me, it makes one feel just like royalty.

Arrived in

Seattle two days early, stayed at Paramount Hotel (I would heartily endorse it to anyone).Spennt timrr in

Seattle sightseeing. Amazing "hilly" city. Cab to pier Sat. morn @$10.00. very easy embarkation. had a quick bite in the Lido (jammed with people) and then onto inspect our cabin. Bags already in the cabin. Thrilled with everything. had closets we never used, drawers that we never used....separate shower and tub...and double lavatories. A deck to die for.

Our first port was Juneau...I completely overdressed...thermal toop, plus a sweat suit. (I had been told to dress in layers).. temp reached 83degrees while sightseeing. (Thought I was going to die, ha ha). Juneau a bustling place...lots of shops. Had a beer in Th Red Dog Saloon. Rode the tramway and saw eagles, etc.

Glacier

Bay is a once in a life time experience. I was awe struck. wHALES WERE AMAZING.

Our next two ports, Sitka and katchakan were very short stops. Wished for more time at these two ports. Victoria at 6:30PM was a disappointment, although we knew ahead of time that was the schedule. Just no time to see Buchart Gardens in our estimation. Had to get bags packed for our 6AM departure the net morn.

My memories are of a lovely trip, wonderful accommodations, all food was good., and menu varied.a crew that spoiled us in every way. , a ship and entertainment that we found suited our tastes perfectly. We hope to cruise Holland American again. Thanks for the "sail". Mary

Publication Date: 07/16/13
Read the Alaska ports review by marydallas
More Westerdam Cruise Reviews