Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jlaspoq: Liberty of the Seas Western Mediterranean

jlaspoq
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Liberty of the Seas Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

First cruise for me (52), my husband (54), and my two daughters (18 & 21). This is a very port intensive cruise -- almost every excursion was all day and included fairly long bus rides to and from the sites. We were very glad we opted for a beach day instead of Florence at La Spezia... we needed the down time.

The ship is lovely and the service outstanding. Food was better than I expected. Shows were about as expected, some better than others. Pool deck was very windy for most of our trip, so we used it less than I had hoped. Our daughters met several friends and hung out most nights in Catacombs.

This was an interporting cruise -- the vast majority embark in Barcelona, but we got on in Toulon on "day 2". Made for an easy embarkation (no lines at all) and only some minor issues being out of sync with the rest of the ship. (There is also an option to embark in Naples). For instance, photos must be purchased by the end of the sea day (before Barcelona), and we More finally got our "welcome aboard" photo in Barcelona - the day before we got off the boat. Also, the waiters in the Main Dining Room change assignments in Barcelona, so our last night on the boat we had different waiters. Luckily "our" waiters came by to see us because we wanted pictures with them and didn't realize they would be reassigned that night.

The only problem with disembarkation was getting a taxi when we got off the ship--- because it is a smaller port, there was a long line for taxis. Not a problem for us because we had plenty of time before our train, but some were anxious. Also, anyone disembarking in Toulon got off between 8:30- 9:30 am.

Most of the tours were fine, though as I mentioned it was very long days. If anyone in your group falls asleep on the bus, they will miss part of the "tour". We only had one option in Barcelona since we didn't need an airport or city transfer - fortunately it was a half day, because we needed a short tour by then.

Great first experience! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6710

Aft location - fantastic room. This is a corner room on the port side. Huge balcony (but only regular chairs, no lounge chairs). Fantastic views aft and port. Crew space one deck down, there was some noise during the night due to a door opening and closing a lot. Bed is comfortable, pillows a little hard for my taste, nice couch and desk area, nice bathroom and closet.