Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by bowlncruz: Awesome, Great, Fantastic!!!

bowlncruz
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Awesome, Great, Fantastic!!!

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My Family and I cruised out of N.Y on June 26, 2013. From start to finish this cruise was great. Getting on the ship was great we arrived at the port by 10:45am and we were on the ship by 12:00pm eating lunch.

We went straight to our cabins after lunch at 1:15pm and they were spotless and ready for our arrival. We had 4 cabins 7410, 7412, 7414 & 7418. 7412 was a interior cabin and it was much larger than we expected. The others were balcony cabins and they were great as well. Our room steward Ketut was terrific anything we needed he took care of right away.

We ate in the Golden Pearl for dinner each night. Food was very good. Only one night did I ask for a alternate meal as I did not care for the Lasagna. Service on some nights was a little slow but we were in a area with many large tables at the very back of the ship so I think that was the problem. The wait staff was very nice and they worked very hard to make sure everyone was happy.

My to boys ages More 17 & 13 loved the clubs and activities in their groups. They were always busy doing something. They loved it. The shows were great. Our favorite was Vroom. The comedians were good though we did not get to see them all.

The entertainment staff on this ship is fantastic. Dominic the comedy club manager and entertainment coordinator was the BEST crew member on this ship. We met him last year on the Miracle and were thrilled to find out he was on this ship. He is the nicest, friendliest person on the ship. He does everything he can to make sure everyone on board has a terrific time. His sense of humor and energy level is unreal. I hope he is on every cruise we go on. I heard he will be promoted to assistant cruise director when he returns from his 2 month break. He deserves it. Malcolm the cruise director is also fantastic. We have cruise with him on all of our previous cruises and he is another person who goes out of his way to entertain and make sure you have fun.

The ports we visited were good. Grand Turk seems to be a little less inviting as it had been on our other cruises. Several business were out of business. The stores had less selection than in the past. The restrooms were disgusting. No toilet seats in both men's and ladies rooms. They were really gross. The water had a lot more sea weed than other years which made it not very pleasant to swim in. Half Moon Cay was amazing. We had not been there before and we loved it. Getting off the ship was a project. We waited till after 10:00 am to get on line and we waited 1 1/2hrs before we were on the tender boat. They really need a better system for this. I would also love it if you could reserve a clamshell in advance since by the time we got to the island they were all gone. Nassau has great shopping. We did not do excursions in any of the ports.

This ship was great. I have read other people comment about the pink. We did not think it was bad at all. All and all this was a great cruise. I would definitely recommend this ship and this cruise line. I can't wait to go again. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Empress 7414

7410, 7414, & 7418 Great balcony cabins. Lot's of room and storage. Blow Dryers stink. 7412 - Great interior cabin. Lot's of room.All rooms quiet except for the occasional rude guest in the hallway at night.

A Little run down from our last cruise. Bathrooms were horrible.

Beautiful. Long walk to BBQ.