Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by vlscruiser

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: vlscruiser
Cruise Date: June 2013

First-timer with Carnival

I booked this cruise because a friend asked me to. I wasn't too excited about Carnival because I had heard so many mixed reviews. I was pleasantly surprised.

Room: Spa room was very nice and I did use the spa EVERY day. Balcony small but serviceable. Closets small for much more than a 7 day cruise. Spa was much larger and more offerings than other ships I have been on. Room was very clean; no problems with anything mechanical. Steward very pleasant.

Food: Nothing outstanding except the melted chocolate cake. Pizza was extremely disappointing--had it one time only. Never felt like standing in line long enough for the BBQ. Not truly food but loved the library with the self-serve wine and quiet.

Entertainment: Totally disappointed in the Diva show. Motown was good but nothing great. Very good special effects though. Ventriloquist was fantastic.

Embarkation: The process was the best I have ever had. The people at the initial desk were so nice and welcoming; very easy directions to get on to the ship and how to find the room. A bit lost after that until I figured my way around the ship.

Children: Awful. I have never seen so many unsupervised rude young kids running (literally) everywhere. One knocked into me coming around a corner and my husband yelled "stop." Two crew members thanked him. BTW no problem with the teenagers--just younger ones. I have been on ships where the captain will make an announcement and there is enforcement. There was nothing here.

Hand washing: Extremely disappointed. Maybe 10% of the people utilized the Purell stands at the food stations. This definitely needs to be pushed.

Staff: Superb at every level. Everyone acted like they really were happy to have us there. People who went out of their way: Valeria at the Future Cruise desk; Oral who was a great bartender at the lobby bar, Patrick as a head server in the restaurant.

Recreation: In desperate need of more pools/larger pools and an adult only pool. Sanctuary nice but too hot and no way to cool down without going inside.

Laundromat service: Like the fact that you can charge to your card instead of having to have coins.

Publication Date: 07/04/13