Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruise-or-lose

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruise-or-lose
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: Cruise-or-lose
Cruise Date: June 2013
Cabin Category: BV
Spa & Fitness 5+

7 Days was not enough

Day one arrived, Dropped of bags 5 min, Parked Car 5min, Checked in boarded 10 Min's, Straight to room 7319

Nice Window room, small but we are there to sleep not vegetate, overlooking Johnny rockets can view rook climbers and big screen of aqua theater

Small shower cubicle bathroom. Soap and shampoo dispenser only no designer sample bottles of shampoo and soap.

Went for some food in windjammer mostly well Cooked food beef well done chicken dry. Asian varieties looked OK wife had Asian cauliflower and sweet and sour chicken she loved it. I had had battered fried fish pieces pretty disgusting, I prefer crispy batter, I also had garlic pasta which was nice. Tried a slice of beef dry and far too well done for my liking. No end of desserts and fruit all looked good

Day 2 breakfast at solarium scotch smoked salmon scrambled eggs wheat bread loved every bit of it. Hot tea pointless tasted like gnats pee. Typhoo make a British tea blend which RR should look into buying. Lunch park cafe shrimp salad ample choices but no smoked salmon Still a nice fresh tasty salad although the shrimp was obviously frozen. Dinner any time dining. Arrived at about 7pm we were told we had not been allocated a table although we had confirmed via telephone and Internet however we did not book until 5 days before departure. After 45 Min's we were taken to our table next to the piano on the main stage . We were asked to finish our meal within 45 which was impossible as it took @ least 35 Min's before we received our main courses. Start wife shrimp cocktail 5 medium shrimp and cocktail sauce me banana and rum cold soup both nice. Main wife artichoke en gratin me roasted duck specially cooked by chef came out perfectly cooked piping hot excellent meal. Dessert berry mousse 5 spoonfuls tasted OK but hardly filling

30 year anniversary no acknowledgement from Royal Caribbean what so ever breakfast at park cafe deck 5 smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel wife smoked salmon, smoked salmon spread & arugula bagel very nice. A lot of other choices all with no extra charges

Found a spot where nobody goes or seems to know about where they store deck chairs but its like your own private balcony with a steady breeze when the boat is moving. Less than 30 seconds walk to our cabin not so upset about missing out on a private balcony cabin now. I went to guest services to make them aware I was disappointed that we had not received any acknowledgement from RR allure of the seas wishing us a happy day even if they just put a note through the door or a message to our state room TV message. The rep just said they do not acknowledge anything unless you have paid for a special service. She also said the day was not over yet and they could acknowledge us in the dining room, the problem with that was we were going to see a show. We went to see Chicago no ticket booked so we joined the standby queue allowed in 1 Min's before show good show without being great but considering stage space very good.

Arrive St Thomas 9.40 left to go on shore about 11am straight off no problems or delays. The port had Internet hot spot $4 all day good access catch up on emails.

Dinner at Adagio starter seafood cocktail OK. Lamb chops OK dessert cheese board limited sat right next the pianist tapping his feet hitting bum notes. That was enough for us not to return to dine there again

that evening went to watch Jon Lucas show. To be fair I do not like ventriloquists but he was very entertaining.

Next Port St martin Internet 15 Min's $4 then add $415 Min's increments

Breakfast a park promenade scotch smoked salmon roll. Lunch at Sorrento's 2 slices of pizza just OK Wife had to have beef roll at park cafe she loved them so much.

Finally removed trash that had accumulated outside deck 7 Rock Climbing Area entrance for the last 4 days

Ate at windjammer fair selection excellent mash potatoes roast beef prepared well done

Took a walk through park promenade violinist guitarist and flautist playing very good

At sea plenty to do watched belly flop competition which was a laugh. Did the walk for waves charity 2 1/2 laps around the running track. Went back to Adagio Dinner Manhattan strip steak rare but tough as old boots, the waiter suggested prime rib at the outset which he bought me as a replacement I should of listened when he first suggested it as it was cooked to my liking and very tasty wife had lobster which she loved no pianist which was perfect.

An observation of the table next to us a group of 4 who were intent of getting as much as they could down the back of there necks as possible. Simply out and out GREED. I was astonished to see one of the party eat 5 Shrimp starters ! other 4 starters and the other two 2 starters each. The two who had 5 and 4 starters went on to have 2 main courses. I left before they got there desserts because it looked like they were settling in for the night and not leaving until they had cleared the kitchen of food.

Oz the professor was playing at the aqua theater so we sat and watched that movie under the stars, Romance. Played mini golf made a hole in one on hole two walked finished the game a took a walk around prom broad walk.

Good thing not hassled by photographers in fact a lot of times you had to ask for photos to be taken.

Last day breakfast at solarium smoked salmon scrambled eggs cottage cheese capers, fruit

Sunbathing top of solarium starboard side just outside bar area. Best place to catch the sun and breeze.

Departure took about an hour and half which was not too bad.

In summary the Cruise was excellent, The Ship had so much to do we were never bored. Even though there were over 5200 passengers on the ship we never felt cramped. We like keep our own counsel and were never left in a position where we felt obliged to talk to other guests. We will be going again very soon.

Bad Points: My wife forgot to put on her Necklace and Pendant she placed on the bed which anybody could see if they entered the room. When she noticed it was not on her neck I called RR lost property who said we would have to wait until the LP office opened Monday morning. Surprise Surprise nobody had handed in or seen the Jewelry bought and worth over $7000. I asked the rep if they question the maids or staff cleaning up our room and they said no which is alarming. We did not take out any insurance so that is a complete loss of a gift I bought her for her 40Th birthday.

Cellphones: I did not use my cellphone to make any calls at all whilst on the 7 day trip. I did retrieve one voice mail when I was on Land at St Thomas. T-Mobile charged me $24 for retrieving that one message and a further $123.00 for using the phone on the ship to which turns out to be a T-Mobile Number. I did not make 1 single phone call during the 7 day trip, T-Mobile say I did so the bill stands. Be safe and leave your cellphone off or better still don't take it with you. On my roaming bill there is a number dialed which is 805 637 7249 which happens to be a T-Mobile number (very strange)

Publication Date: 07/05/13