MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by holidaylover71

Member Name: holidaylover71
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Cabin Category: 1
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
Lovely ship, efficiently run, lots of activities

We flew to Venice and stayed in the Delfino hotel in Mestre for two nights which was an excellent base. We got a taxi transfer to the Port and were checked in very efficiently in no time at all. Our luggage was taken away and we were given clear instructions as to what we had to do and where we had to go. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the start.

On board we were very impressed with the style of the ship, it looked very classy and had a lot to offer. We were shown to our cabin very quickly and our luggage was there ready for us. We had an interior cabin which was fine for us as it was clean and tidy and did the job.

The ship is amazing when you start to get to grips with it. There are so many decks with so many bars and restaurants as well as the theatre, gym, shops and so much more.

Everything was well run and the whole place was very clean throughout and the hygiene standards in the food areas was very high.

The shows were excellent, very professional and varied, each bar had live music each night so you always had something to do.

The allergrissimo drink package was an excellent buy which we did before we went but you can do it when you arrive on the ship too. The range of drinks is excellent, all branded drinks and the cocktails are made from scratch, no premixes and cheap ingredients. I couldn't fault the service.

The decks have plenty of sunbeds and you can find a quieter area if you hunt around a bit. You cant really get near the pools as the families and children seem to nab the beds around those areas very quickly and it can be very noisy anyway if you don't have children.

We went on four trips and each one was well organised with no problems at all and if people wanted to go out alone there was always the option of shuttle buses which were around 10 euros.

The food was very plentiful, the only thing I would say is that they need to have more choice for vegetarians in the a la carte restaurants and the Mexican restaurant as you are limited to one choice. My friend did not want to eat in the buffet restaurant so I was very limited on what I could have so more choice would be very helpful.

There was a real mix of ages which seemed to work well and the main nationalities were Italian, German, Spanish and English and everyone seemed to mingle just fine.

The only thing that was irritating was the constant photographers wherever you went on the ship. They were all over the place! I was spoken to very rudely by a staff member called Lydia in the photo gallery because I had my phone out sending a text message and she accused me of taking pictures of the pictures even though I didn't have any pictures there! If you like being in front of the camera its fine but if you don't it can be very annoying so less photographers would be better for me!

In all I thought it was excellent value for money and I would certainly recommend this cruise to anyone looking to go round the Med. I would definitely go on their ships again and I am looking at going on a Caribbean cruise next year with them.

Publication Date: 07/03/13