Celebrity Solstice 4

“Solstice construction not perfect”
Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

2peryearcruiser
Member Since 2006

Overall Member Rating

This was our eleventh cruise. The ship is huge and beautiful, and the performers/entertainment is clearly the best we have ever been exposed to, with the capability of doing Circue De Soleil-esque difficult performances, Broadway, and 70's rock performances. The Cruise director, Patti, must have made outstanding selections.

As customary for Celebrity, the food is aft and the theater/gym in front. You have to walk at least 300 yards to get from one to the other.

We had chosen a cabin on the forward port side on Deck 8. On the first night, after the ship left Settle and was moving around 18 kts in the open sea, Our cabin experienced creaks and groan sand kept us from getting a good night's sleep. The next day, I complained to the Customer Relations staff, and they apologetically gave us a different room midship.

I have never experienced this on my 10 previous cruises, but the crew tell me that it occurs somewhere on every ship. Less

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to Alaska

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

forward cabins on the open sea-pacific-on any stormy night to be avoided on the Solstace. Can be Very noisy.

Published 07/03/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?