Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by sparkx: Reflecting on Reflection
Overall Member Rating
Reflecting on Reflection
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Firstly I want to say that Reflection is a gorgeous and very well designed ship, like its sisters. Most of the spaces seem very well thought out (Except the Conference Center which adds little to no value being located in entertainment court where Quasar used to be on the other Solstice ships)
- Overall very good service provided by the staff across the ship
- The itinerary is very well thought out overall and extremely interesting - I would recommend it to anyone
- Some of the speciality acts they bring on board are very very good
- The range of activities, whilst not being on the same level as the sister brand Royal, is still very good and provides a broad range of activities throughout the day for a variety of ages.
- The speciality restaurants were wonderful - we went to Tuscan Grill, Qsine and Lawn Club, and all were superb. Distinctly far and above the food provided in the main restaurant (which is a shame)
Cons More -
- The tendering system for the ship is ridiculous. A ticket system is employed whereby you have to queue for a significant amount of time in order to get a ticket to leave the ship - this system quite simple results in people wasting most of the day firstly waiting to get a ticket and then waiting to get ashore unnecessarily. We felt obliged to buy a shore excursion at our second tender port in order to avoid the queues and this should simply not be the case. A better system should be employed.
- Deck space is at a premium on sea days, you need to be out at 8-9am to get a bed - Having not been on the other Solstice ships I cannot comment but the extra size of Reflection seems to push the limits on squeezing as many deck chairs into a space as possible.
- The entertainment (stage shows, etc) could have been better I felt - there had been a recent crew swap so it was clearly all a workin progress - 3 of the 4 shiws were pretty poor (bar reflection the show which stood out).
- Whilst the dining room is a very pretty space overall the service provided to us was very sub-par, not what you come to expect. Only on one night was the service acceptable - it didn't provide the wow factor I was expecting.
- The ship just isn't capable of handling large numbers of children - it resulted in 'gangs' of bored kids roaming the ship unnecessarily. We found out that the sailing after our was to have over 1,000 kids on board- good luck with that! Celebrity need to review their kids programmes if they are to continually expect th at many.
Overall the cruise was wonderful, just with a few niggly issues that I think could be avoided in the future and tarnished the experience, perhaps things will improve as the ship matures. Interestingly everyone we spoke to on the ship said exactly the same thing to us and felt the same way, which to me means there is still work that can be done to give Reflection the overall wow factor. Less
Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>
Cabin review: 7217
1A cabin Deck 7 - The cabin was pristine and looked after very well. But having said that as the ship is 6+ months old I would expect it to be near perfect. Really well designed with plenty of storage space.Like others have said, we had a flooding issue with our shower on multiple occasions during the cruise.
Port and Shore Excursions
Again, a good tour around the acropolis but don't get caught out as its very hot at the top. Worth doing if you visit.
2 day tour across the city, well worth it
Very good tour, be prepared as it was 40C+ temperatures on the tour
This was a beach transfer - given tender issues we decided to book this excursion to get off the ship quicker. Thoroughly worth it and the beach was amazing, I want to revisit it.
I have visited Naples numerous times. Pompeii is definitely worth the visit.
Great Vacation in Europe
Christmas at Sea
Viking Sea - a new style of sh...
Had a great time
4th time on ship--NOT a charm ...
Much to praise...
Reflection is a Great Host!