Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by abundance56

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by abundance56
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: abundance56
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Cruise to Arctic Circle: Didn't know what to Expect

We are Floridians who decided to see Norway Fjords and Arctic Circle during longest days of the year (June). We were unsure what to expect, and also traveling on Celebrity for the first time. We have been on 8 other cruises, with other cruise lines.

Immediately upon arriving early onto the ship (we were told rooms would not be ready). We went to the Martini Bar, and met couples who were experienced Celebrity frequent cruisers, and who had many positive recommendations for us. The bar staff immediately introduced themselves and made us feel right at home.

Within 24 hours, we found a wonderful aspect of the Constellation: a mineral pool and Solarium, with healthy spa food served breakfast and lunch! This became our "go to" place for "at Sea" days, and generally just to relax, read, and watch people. Even above the Arctic Circle, the Solarium was always warm, and also there was quick access to restrooms, sauna, and whirlpools. During heavy waves at Sea days: the water "rocked" in the pool, like the real beach: making us feel right at home. The edges of the mineral pool had areas to sit, which had bubbling pipes that massaged muscles. The Aqua Spa Cafe attached had most excellent, healthy food: and was a great alternative to the heavier evening meals.

The main dining room: The San Juan: was very very loud. Be sure to ask for top floor away from main two story area, if anyone has hearing issues. We were on the first floor, right by a waiter serve station. At times was very difficult to carry on a conversation with just the four other people at our table: due to noise. If there are food allergies: they work closely with you to make sure you have food to your needs.

Several "must do" on the ship: The Chef's Table (meal in the kitchen with other guests and two staff from ship); both wine tastings and wine pairings; and the Specialty Dining: Tuscan Grille (has $30.00 cover) but more intimate dining and excellent food and service.

For all port departures: go to the Sunset Bar at the rear of the ship. Beautiful views, and beer and wine to drink as you leave port. My favorite was Prosecco to drink, while the Captain maneuvered away from the port, and into the heavier seas.

This Arctic Cruise will have you out of cell and Satellite service for about 4 days. Be sure your plan appropriately with your at home families and business. In many respects, this is a bonus, as there a few places now where one can only focus on vacation and relaxing. With no satellite, no phone calls, this is very lovely, in my view.

Our favorite bar on Constellation was Cellarmaster's Bar is a wine bar with tapas for $2.00 each. My partner and I are wine drinkers, so this was one of our frequent destinations.

I definitely recommend the drink packages. If one is fussy about wine, as I am: I recommend the premium package. This also includes bottled water, as water seems to be at a premium, and with wine, I always want water.

Nothing but positive recommendations all around. Staff and guests all lovely people and pleasant. We had a young Greek Captain with a lovely sense of humor and a beautiful smile. Also the entertainment staff were funny, full of energy, and always on hand to make an evening comedic and full of fun!

The ship's art is all modern and abstract art, but I found this extremely refreshing! There are numerous places to pause and reflect and enjoy the art!

My only warning would be, to ask the price, if you book Spa appointments. I had one very unpleasant surprise to be told I was charged allot more for a spa service, than it would be on land. Also take your reading glasses to pay the bill at the Spa, as there is dim lighting, and the receipt print-out has very tiny print. I did go to customer service to complain about the Spa Charges, and they adjusted the bill to a more reasonable amount. I learned to ask before I booked.

We will definitely cruise with Celebrity again. And I can only hope it will be on the lovely Constellation!

Publication Date: 07/03/13
Read the British Isles & Western Europe ports review by abundance56
More Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
Not 6 stars
1ST TIME WITH FRED
Royal Princess Preview - mostly...

More British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews