Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Titanic Tom: Well Pleased

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Well Pleased

Sail Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

June 02 2013 we,My wife and I and our two lifelong friends, left on an 8 day cruise for the Eastern Carib. on the Splendor. It was Fabulous.

Our friends had never cruised before and it was our 10th. My wife and I love cruising. Carnival has had its share of problems of late. They came through big time on this one.

Embarkation was a breeze. We ate and did the tour of the ship and made certain to sign up for the behind the scenes tour for 95.00 per person. Well worth it. We were in our room by the promised time and a surprisingly large room it was.

Our room Steward and his Staff were perfect.Ewayan was his name and after day one knew our names and could not have done a better job. Muster was done and I might add very attentive behavior by all participants.

After the fabulous sail away out of New York and a Fresh Look at the New World Trade Center and the Skyline We Went to dinner. Our crew, Yousef, Lavoul, and Andres and Saw the barmaid were More unbelievable. Food was Superb after several Cruises where I felt food was somewhat declining. I can't get into all the choices but too many and all good. I recommend if you are into sit down rather than Buffet the Comedy Brunch Breakfast's. Have The Fillet Mignon and Eggs. Unbelievable!!

Second Sea Day my brother and Friend Rich and His Wife of 37 Years Barb hit for 2200.00 in the Casino. I had Multiple 500.00 and 600.00 dollar hits throughout the Cruise. After Day 2 I hit my 1500.00 in Casino Credits and got all my Casino Drinks comped as long as I was on a Game. Wow!

Shows were Okay! Some Good some Fair. On past Cruises I have Seen Marty Allen, Platters, Foreigner Singer when Original lead left, and Fire and Ice on Norwegian. No one up to those Standards but okay.

The Margaritaville in Grand Turk was a Highlight. 4 Major Margarita's and I made it back to the ship and my fave Jerk Burger said it all. The Behind the Scene's tour was incredible and eye opening as to the fact for instance that they prepare almost 15,000 meals a day. Wow!

Debarkation was a bit rough but all in all one hell of a Cruise. THANK YOU SPLENDOR!! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>