Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by LadyLion_AP: 2nd Carnival Cruise

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

2nd Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: June 2013

My husband and I are in our late 30s, upper-middle class, and vacation several times a year (land and sea). This is our second Carnival cruise. This time we cruised alone. Last year we cruised Carnival Freedom with our children. We had a fantastic time again. The service was great, the children were pretty well behaved, and there were many adults on the ship who seemed very similar to us. Some reviews I've read refer to Carnival as the Walmart cruise, but I have to completely disagree. There were many other well-educated, sophisticated adults on the ship. At no time did I feel as if this cruise was "low-class". We purchased "faster to the fun" and it was definitely worth not waiting in lines. The food was great, as we ate in the Golden Olympian room most days for breakfast and dinner. We also participated in Chef's Table, which was also well worth the fee. In fact, the Chef personally came to our table to introduce himself on the second night. Our dinner was scheduled for the fourth More night. The service was great and most of the food was very good. The ship was well-maintained, and the shows were what you'd expect. The spa was okay, but not really worth the fee. The comedy shows were pretty good.

I do have one con from our vacation....Grand Turk. The island has obviously been greatly effected by the 2008 hurricane. It may be time to reconsider keeping that port on the itinerary. There was not much to do there. I loved San Juan and wish we had more time there.

I definitely look forward to cruising Carnival again. I hope this is helpful to those who are reluctant to cruise Carnival. We had a great vacation at a great price, which left us with much more money to spend and further enjoy our vacation. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Panorama 1056

Cabin 1056 is in a great location. There is plenty of closet space and our Cabin stewart, John, was fantastic. It is near the stairs but is relatively quiet. You can sometimes hear balcony doors slam from balconies that are close in proximity, but I would stay in this cabin again.

Half Moon Cay is great for those who love the beach. There is also lunch prepared by the Cruise ship.