Carnival Dream 4

“Surprised and not in a good way”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

worldtraveler1207
Member Since 2009
45 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Our initial response to the design of the Dream was a let down. The ship does not have the wide open public spaces as in other ships. The promenade is really a wide hallway with a few stores at one end and a few bars, lounges at the opposite end.

Even the dining room felt small. The ceilings were low and it felt closed in. I'm not sure if the dining room was indeed small or it just felt small but the long wait each evening (your choice dining) to get seated for dinner tells me they couldn't accommodate everyone. The longest wait time 45 minutes, although if you visit the dining room around 8pm you may not encounter any wait.

The food options on the lido deck was great. I really appreciated the variety however the long wait for some of these options - Mongolian Wok were not worth it. There were folks waiting in line at the Mongolian Wok for over 30 minutes! If you really wan Mongolian head to the line after 2pm. You will still have to wait about 15 minutes, but you More can't avoid any wait time here. If you are in a hurry head to the Grill or the Pizzeria.

Overall we had a great time, but we've had better. It was the first cruise ever where I felt we were cruising with 3,500+ people. For the most part cruise lines do a great job of avoiding the crowded feel. On the Dream we just couldn't get away from it. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Cove Balcony

7C2342
The Carnival Dream has a unique balcony stateroom referred to as the Cove Balcony. I wasn't sure what to expect but I loved our cabin. These cabins are located on Deck 2 and are much more private than balcony staterooms in upper decks. The balcony space is a bit smaller than other balcony staterooms but no much. We truly enjoyed the private feel of the balcony. Should we have this balcony option in the future we will take it.

Published 07/02/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?