Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Shelly17: A Real Gem

Overall Member Rating

A Real Gem

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I cruised with my 9 and 6 year old kids from NYC 6/22/13. My kids have not cruised previously but they had the best time doing activities, joining in with the Nickelodeon crew and hanging at kids club. We all enjoyed the Stardust theater every night the shows were wonderful and entertaining.

The food was good and the kids loved the buffets especially Garden Cafe. We all enjoyed Blue Lagoon atmosphere where we could sit and have wings and dip. I preferred the Grand Pacific for meals because it is nice to e waited on. Magenta was always packed and we were not able to get in. Larger groups could make a reservation. We did hibachi restaurant one eve, it was fun but our chef wasn't the most entertaining and difficult to hear because there were other tables with chefs.

Great Stirup Cay was fun kids did hippo slide but it was 20 on island vs 15 if you booked on ship. The food line was over an hour long so plan to either get in line immediately or go back to ship to eat. More Overall a great vacation and we would return on Gem again! Less

Published 07/01/13

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: OB5038 Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

5038 mid aft was comfortable for me and my kids ages 9 and 6.

Read All Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window (OB) Reviews >>

Line for food was over 1 hour long.....not good in hot sun!

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

Shelly17
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X