Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by ifihadaboat

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: IC
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Very Impressed

I hope to travel with Norwegian again. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and were very impressed with the crew of the Sun. They were gracious and competent, not overbearing nor inadequate. Our stateroom attendant, Katherine was kindly accommodating to our rather irregular schedule and she provided us with a delightful anniversary treat. Our room service delivery was always on time and the people bringing it were quiet and polite. I like the phone notification that it was on its way. The dining room(s) - wonderful. The menu satisfied all our needs, and our most frequent server, Angelito and his able assistant, Putu, in the Seven Seas - well they were just delightful. We feel as though we all became friends. Not to leave out the Four Seasons...Mylene was great, and she even got me a recipe for one of the salads that I found so delicious. The cruise director, Candi, kept us all entertained. Love that accent! Thanks to Down under Dave, for a fun Merengue dance lesson (but no pie). Oh dear, I can't remember the other names, but everyone we encountered seemed genuinely happy to be there and to have us there, too. Ms. Bon, Guest Services Manager, has a very competent group working for her. But there is one exception: we were given green luggage tags when we should have been given lime. Consequently, our bags did not come home with us. No problem, the people at the Hospitality Center handled everything and the bags arrived via Federal Express two days later. In future, may I suggest that if there are no more lime tags, print some! Don't substitute with green.

It was an honor to gather with other Cruise Critic members and to meet the officers. Also, we enjoyed the Q&A with Captain Tommy and Mr. Jacobsen...very informative! All the entertainment was enjoyable, especially the musicians. We loved listening and dancing to Duo Domino, and the string ensemble was great! Pianist Listbarger - so accomplished. We are not "shoppers" but we were glad to attend Candi's talks about things to do in port. Thank you for that. Now, it is not that I have intentionally left out the Alaska stuff, but I wanted to concentrate on the ship and the crew. The glacier viewing was very exciting and we had ample opportunity to take it all in. It was everything that we had been told it would be and more! Smooth ride, great weather (who was in charge of that?) fabulous scenery. Wow and wow!

One suggestion for the next remodel: move the hairdryer! it was very inconveniently located, especially for a right handed user.

Thanks again for a wonderful cruise! The Norwegian Sun is a treasure!

Publication Date: 07/02/13
Read the Alaska ports review by ifihadaboat
More Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews