Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by PROS12101@AOL.COM: 3rd time on NCL

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

3rd time on NCL

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Have been on three NCL cruises and nothing ever changed until this year. Basically the only change is food. I am not pleased. The buffet was always my favorite. Not anymore. The "comfort" foods are gone. Even the basics (Potatoes) have spices in them that changed the flavor. The buffet never changed from day to day as it always has. The scrambled eggs every day were runny. The buffet was scheduled to open at a set time every day and some days it was an hour late. The good thing was the Blue Lagoon on deck 8. They need to talk about that more. Great comfort foods that made up for the lousy buffet. Other than that everything was the same as our previous cruises and the NCL staff is very helpful and things always run smooth. I do want to mention something important. Ship entertainment: The last night sucked. This has never happened before. Basically not planned and poorly performed. The other nights were good as I have always expected.

For the first time I went to the private More island instead of staying on the ship. Snorkel!! wow, my son and I did that and there were so many fish everywhere. Many kinds and totally worth the money. the masks and snorkels are top quality. Get a clam shell. We got them ordered the first day on the ship as i had been told to do and I am glad. They sold out the second day and there is so limited shade. Less

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>