“Carnival Freedom 6-15-2013”

mamag123
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We arrived at the port about 1:15pm and it took about 15 minutes to board the ship. That was a great start to our 8 day cruise.

We went to the room and locked up our valuables, then headed to the buffet. The standard cruise buffet food, which was very good.

Observations:

24 hour pizza is at the adult pool, and the tandoor Indian food is at the family pool. Not sure who thought this one out, but they need to switch them out as this caused the adult area to have a lot of Families and kids around.

A few times some adults brought their kids to the adult pool and when the waiter or pool chair staff was told, it did not appear to cause any sense of urgency in addressing the issue.

"Your time dining", was not organized well enough. We have done this on prior Carnival, Royal, and Princess ships and never experienced the long waits, pagers, and lack of being able to ,ale reservations as we did on ship. When you questioned the maitre de, she just provided one excuse after another. We traveled with my brother who is disabled and also a platinum member, he was told that they do not take reservations, but since he is platinum, we would go to the front of the line. So on formal night, instead of sending my husband down to get in line an hour before we wanted to be seated, we all went down together. We were then turned away and told we needed to wait in line like everyone else and there was no privelage for a platinum member. Needless to say, my brother could not wait in an hour line with his health issues, so we hit the buffet. My husband did not get his lobster, nor did he get the Father's Day cake I had ordered and paid for ahead of time. I went to guest services to inform of the issue and she was not certain of the dining policy and had to check. I asked for a refund for the cake, but was told she had to submit a request and it would have to go ashore for review. Guest services could not make a $10 decision to just refund me. The next day I heard nothing like promised, then when we returned from a day at the pool, we found the cake on a tray on our bed.

Ports: Caribbean is beautiful and the ports were all very nice.

Disembarkation: easy process. We kept our luggage and could have gotten off the ship by 7am if we wanted to.

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

7342
Cabin 7342, s standard I side cabin. Chair and desk. Very small, but comfortable. Room attendant was great. Some loud noises in a halls and some banging on walls.
Published 07/01/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?