Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by collydriver: Norwegian Jade -collydriver

Norwegian Jade -collydriver

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Well met at the airport a really good organised transfer from airport to cabin. Settled in and fed within 2 hours. We quickly transferred into our holiday clothes which were packed in our carry on luggage. this was not really necessary as our cases where at our door within the hour very impressed. We picked this back to back to see Venice and because we had been on the Jade 2 years before in an inside cabin and expected the same service. How wrong was we to be. The first night we just conked out due to the early flight and travel. On the second day we noticed how dated the Jade now looked. Little things started to add up to the overall cruise during the first week. The outside tables at the rear dinner on deck 12 were faded and worn out. Rust was showing on some of the rails. Only 1 non smoking sign confusing smokers with staff only explaining after a complaint from non smokers, causing fiction between cruisers.

On Second night I notice that our beds had indents in the middle More but not that bad so I put up with them. Then on the 3rd day while lining up for fried eggs my wife had to wait while a passenger who had a personal butler jump the line and was served 1st. Then on Friday night she was stopped from taking photos of the chocolate models until the VIP passengers were shown 1st. I now really had a problem since it seems we where being treated as second class passengers. I wrote a complaint and handed it in adding the problem with the beds. I also stated that the average worker has to work 1 whole month to pay for our cruise and we should all be treated equal.

That day our beds were changed to new ones, and we found a bottle of wine with strawberries and were given VIP tender tickets so no waiting 2 hours to leave the ship while at tender. Now my problem was why wasn't our beds checked before our cruise, why do over passengers get VIP treatment. This only proved to me that they do put certain passengers 1st and they know that their quality control has dropped below certain standards. I now believe they are getting as much money as possible before this ship is now scraped or refurbished.

I now was put into a negative mind for my second week and started to point out nearly everything wrong with the ship. I pulled the waiters up for not spaying the tables between dinners . So what the point with spaying our hands on the entrance while the tables are just cleared but not spayed. Spaying took place for about 2 hours but then stopped.

The entertainment for us was poor. but our overall treatment had turn this cruise into a bad experience,

Athens should be look at now as a port due to the poverty and begging.

Ismer in Turkey we had to leave the market quickly due to being pestered. Recommend a ship tour here.

The Greek islands lived up to their names and hospitality, well done

Spilt was amazing.

This was the 1st cruise that we wanted to go home early and will never go on this ship again. however the disembarking was brilliant and transfer to the airport was excellent.

Overall NCL need to up their standards when hard working people pay hard earn money for their 2 week holiday with them. Less

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jade 5569

had to sit sideways on the toilet. Around 3am every night the staff cause a banging noise for about 15 minutes behind the cabin. No lifts to floor 5 whilst debarking at nearly every port. lifts stopped on level 6 and then returned to normal after about 3 hours. cabin 5569 now have new beds