“Great Cruise on Maasdam”
Cruise review of Holland America Maasdam

WDCCruiser Maasdam 5 Great Cruise on Maasdam
WDCCruiser
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We are loyal, but not typical HAL cruisers, parents in their 40's, traveling with a teenager. Embarkation was painless, and the room steward staff was exceptionally responsive. We tried an inside cabin for the first time after 12 cruises, and my motion sensitive family was thrilled with the facilities and stability.

We are early risers, and spa enthusiasts. The gym was exceptionally well maintained, with 100% functionality on every machine. Classes were accessible and professionally directed. The thermal spa facilities were limited, without the thalassotherapy pools or special bathing therapy baths. However, the access fee was the same as other HAL ships with superior facilities. Hmmm, this could be improved.

We avoid the lido when possible, due to the multiple stations we need to visit without a tray for a typical meal. This Mom would love to have a more consistent roving coffee re-filler so I don't need to leave my seat so often during breakfast. Dining room service was mostly good, and we were happy with the menus.

My principal feedback is for travelers with children. We have successfully completed 8 cruises with HAL since my daughter was 3 years old. We are very happy with the children's and teen programming. You just need to insist on an early seating dining option so your child can optimize their participation, and form friendships with the other kids. The staff is terrific, and you just need 20 kids in the age group to have an excellent experience. Many cruises have more kids, the quality and individual attention is top notch.

Maasdam Cruises to Canada & New England

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Maasdam Review
Maasdam Cruises to Canada & New England
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?