Emerald Princess Cruise Review by skihowie

Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: AC
Cabin Number: A436
See More About: Emerald Princess Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Emerald Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Emerald Princess Deck Plans
What happened to Princess?

I am sailed 7 times in 10 years. I have sailed with Celebrity (a long time ago) and Royal (about 7 years ago).

All other cruises have been with Princess. I always thought that Princess was a bit better in every way.

While I do not know if other lines have improved or declined, I can say that Princess is declining. It seems like they are trying to save money and hoping we do not notice. Well, guess what-I do.

Let me start with the food- Mass produced food is difficult to stand out- I get it. I usually found something very good at every meals and often many things very good. This last cruise it was harder to find. There were still some very good choices at times, just not as many.

This ship itself, is still fine, although there are not enough activities to suit my taste. The rooms are adequate.

The friendly nature of the staff is still outstanding.

The entertainment however, on my cruise, was awful-and I am being kind here.

The only worthwhile entertainment in 11 days was a cover band for the Beatles-who was great by comparison. A 35 minute set left us wanting more.

The cruise director and his 2 female helpers were nice people who should be in a different line of work. There- I was kind.

The ports were very good and seeing 7 countries in 11 days is just great.

There was a ventriloquist who was sooooooo baaaaaaaaaaad. Look him up online and he writes his own reviews and blocks you tube comments.

It seemed like the Carnival Company was trying to recoup some lost money from their mishaps.

Publication Date: 06/29/13