Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by oldbidder1: Breakaway was OK

Overall Member Rating

Breakaway was OK

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Embarkation was quick and easy. We were let on the ship around 12:00 and decided to go to Savor for lunch and we really enjoyed it. Our cabin was ready around 1:30 and our bags were already there, in 13 cruises this was a first.

Public areas were OK a little too crowed for me except for the Waterfront which was windy but empty. The smoke from the casino is horrible and probably one of the reasons I won't travel on this ship again. The hallways to the cabins are so small you can barely get by if the stewards carts are there. The atrium is nice and we always enjoyed going up and down the glass stairs. Also, they take some nice pictures there. pictures are very easy to find in your own binder this was great and much better than searching for them.

Cabin was narrower than most but adequate for us. We asked for the king bed to be separated but it wasn't. The room was too small. There hangers in the closet clanged all night and I had to remove them. The bathroom was very More nice & clean. The cabin room wasn't as clean as i would like. We had plenty of storage. Our B6 balcony was huge! Glad we booked it since I read about the other smaller balconies. B6 cabins are in the front of the ship but we were OK with that.

Fitness & Recreation: The walking track is a joke horrible location couldn't even be used. The rope course was amazing as were the slides. Pool way too small and not enough loungers.

Rate: Cruise was expensive and I felt everything was extra $$$.

Dining: The food was good no complaints we enjoyed the included venues Manhattan Room, Taste and Savor. The cheesecake was great! We also paid to go to Maderno it was amazing! The buffet was awful for us too crowded and the food not so great.

Entertainment: Fantastic! the best of my 13 cruises. My daughter loved it as well. Make reservations online before you leave.

Service: was better than the RCCL cruise I took a week later. Our cabin steward was very nice and greeted us each day with a smile. Overall the staff was much nicer/happier than RCCL. Overall since gratuities are included the service on all ships as diminished a lot.

Bermuda was amazing! Love St. George, Hamilton and the beaches. Don't miss Gibbs Lighthouse the best view of the whole island.

Disembarkation: We did the walk off and were off the ship as fast as we could walk. A real breeze the best ever.

Overall we had great time spending time together but would go on a different ship next time due to the crowed feeling and the smoke. Less

Published 06/30/13

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Cabin review: B69124 Large Balcony Stateroom

Loved our B6 cabin the balcony was huge and we even had a lounge chair. It's in the front of the boat so if motion bothers you might not want this category. Cabins are narrow and a little tight but the bathroom was nice and modern.

Read All Large Balcony Stateroom (B6) Reviews >>
Member Since 2010
19 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X