Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Iron_Duke: Great time on Reflection

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great time on Reflection

Sail Date: January 2013

Took Reflection out of Miami for a 7 night trip with my 85 year old mother in law in tow.

EMBARKATION: Dropped off wife, mother & bags in front of ship and parked in garage across the street (which turned out to be free with handicap info). They had elevators to take us up to ship level but we did have to push mom in her transport chair up & down some ramps to get on board. Everything went smoothly but we had a little confusion about the handicap entrance to the cruise terminal so look for signs or ask.

CABIN: Booked 1610, Aqua class and the cabin next door for mom. Did not have doors between rooms (sold out) but loved the fact that the balcony "wall" can be unlocked and folded back so we had one large balcony for our cabins. Sliding doors to balcony have a lock at the top of the door (didn't notice this for a few days so thought I'd point it out). Cabin was quiet and as expected but things are compact. The shower was so small we had to open the shower door More to pick up the soap if dropped.

Note that although the rooms were close to the aft elevators, the passageway had an automatic sliding door between the elevator area & the cabins so it was very quiet.

AQUA CLASS: This is the only way I'll cruise Celebrity from now on and it has nothing to do with the Spa! Aqua class puts you in your own private restaurant for breakfast & dinner. "Blu" had about 25-30 tables but we never had a wait and after a few days the staff knew us well enough we didn't have to tell them how we liked our coffee. This, plus the fact the food was good and you were away from the throngs of folks in main dining, is why it is the only way to go!

SHIP: New & nice there wasn't much to not like about the ship. I will say that they kinda messed up the design for the common areas that are on many decks by the aft elevator area. Why would you have the "Library" open to the area below where the band plays? It was bad enough listening to the elevators dinging all the time. They really should have closed off the library, game room and computer areas.

I would also like to say that this is the first time ever that my wife has said she couldn't feel the ship moving. The size and new gadgets I guess. It was a very smooth ride in all conditions.

We did one specialty restaurant and I was very impressed with "Murano". I had one of the best meals of my life there so I must recommend it even though it's hard to pay an extra $40 each when "Blu" was quite good.

I would like to say I wish they didn't have so many places to eat that charge extra. The Lawn Club grill up top looked great but why keep paying extra when there are other good choices. Just open up everything and it would help spread out the passengers. I don't think I ever saw more than 10 people eating at the Lawn Club. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 1610

Most important thing to point out is that the parking at the terminal is $20 a day but very convenient. Handicap parking will get it for free with the right docs so check PortMiami website for info.

Read 161 Miami Reviews

Friends of ours who had been here before said to just stay on the ship. We did get off to check out the cruise terminal shopping area that looked kinda nice. Once we left that area we didn't like what we saw and just went back to the ship. My take is about the same as St Martin (see above).