“Carnival Cruise line is NOT a fun ship”
Cruise review of Carnival Paradise

akcony Carnival Paradise 1 Carnival Cruise line is NOT a fun ship
akcony
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This cruise ship is one of the older ones & it shows. Every bar, meeting place that has a seat was so uncomfortable. The only comfortable thing to sit on was in our cabin & it was, believe it or not, the bed! For 3 adults it was not convenient for a "bunk" bed that folds out halfway down wall. Our cabin was the ocean view window. The window was dirty & scummy. Toilet plugged. Very noisy all night when you try & sleep.

The pool was like an over sized hot tub. Too small for the amount of people on board. Chairs around deck were broken & not enough for everyone on board. You had to get up early just to get a lounge chair that was not broken on the "at sea" days. Food was conventional. 2 nights out of 5 one of my family members got hair in their food. Food tasted like I was back at school in the cafeteria. No midnight buffets with ice sculptures, etc.... I have to give kudos to our waiter, he was the best & really took care of us. Entertainment was limited. Plenty of karaoke all day & night! Only savior was the comedy show. That was really good! I felt like I was in a furniture store or a used car lot with someone always coming up to me to try & sell something to me. It was very annoying when they want you to buy something but try to find someone to take care of you when you need something then they pass the buck & this one tells to to see that one & so on...

Excursions were another savior. Loved getting OFF the boat but once we had to get back on I dreaded it. It was my husband & daughter's first time on a cruise & after that terrible trip they will never go on one again.

Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A
For 3 adults it was not a convenient cabin. There was a "bunk" bed that folds out halfway down wall. Not easy to get up & down. The window was dirty & scummy. Toilet plugged. Very noisy all night when you try & sleep. Bed was comfy & the steward was great AFTER we tipped him...

Paradise Beach

Our only savior on the trip. Good food & drinks. Nice beach but the lounge chairs need to be more comfortable. The ones offered were weird. Not so good weather but we had a fun trip! Worth the $$$!

I cannot give it the highest rating because we were there on a holiday & not everything was open & the island was "dead". We did get to shop & sight see but not as much as we expected.

Published 06/29/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Paradise Review
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?