Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Raffa Bunny

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Raffa Bunny
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: Raffa Bunny
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 07
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Great Ship and even better people!

This was the second cruise my husband and I have taken, both with Celebrity. The previous one was 5 years ago on the Millennium. Lets start with the positives of which there were many. Firstly our cabin. I was worried that the ocean view stateroom would be a bit of a let down after having had a balcony on our previous cruise but in fact it was even better! It was a good size and we were right at the front of the ship overlooking the helicopter pad. The window was really big and provided us with fantastic views as we sailed into each port. Our attendant kept the room pristine. The ship itself was beautiful and cleanliness was an obvious priority. There was plenty of room to sit and relax but one tip I'd pass on is to get up early and "reserve" a sun-lounger, especially on the at-sea days. One day I wandered around for ages trying to find two loungers together but there were towels left on most of the unoccupied ones, despite Celebrity's policy of removing them after 30 minutes this didn't appear to happen. I enjoyed the food but feel it's not quite up to the standard it was on our last cruise. The waiters were pleasant, very attentive and entertaining. The whole of the staff/crew were wonderful, I could not fault them, with the exception of one miserable chef (?) serving in the poolside Aqua cafe. Loved all the ports, some more than others but it was very hectic. Definitely needed those days at sea to have a rest and recharge our batteries.

OK so there were one or two disappointments but before I have a moan let me say that overall we had a terrific time and there are always going to be things that could be improved. I think the worst thing was the room service. We ordered food four times, once for breakfast and the others were later in the evening. The breakfast order we received was not ours, the other food was luke warm or cold when it arrived and had things missing. Not good. The entertainment was great sometimes, usually in the theatre e.g. the comedian, the circus performers, the violinist, the Beatles act, but also not very good at times. Entertainment at various locations around the ship was fine to begin with but then these musical acts just repeated the same repertoire time and time again, which became quite annoying. I seem to remember on our previous cruise that free drinks such as tea, coffee and juice were available in more places. It's not always clear where they are and sometimes they're a good walk away so you end up paying for a drink instead. We looked at the drinks packages and they are all VERY expensive.

So not too much to complain about. All in all we had a fantastic time and would return again in a heartbeat but sadly it will be at least another 5 years before we can save up enough to go again. : (

Publication Date: 06/29/13