Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jobrooke: The Norwegian family introduces yet another fantastic ship

jobrooke
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

The Norwegian family introduces yet another fantastic ship

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Waiting For The Cruise:  I was waiting for the cruise for less than a year. The day was finally there and I could not believe it. Nervousness and excitement took me over as I was finally ready to step foot on the Breakaway itself.

My Cabin:

I had a balcony room that I was sharing with two other guests. The room was very small and compacted, but it served its purpose. The dresser drawers opened and closed as the waves became choppy. I would advise you to bring along duct tape to close the drawers temporarily. Be careful when stepping into the bathroom, there is a slight step that is easy to trip over. In addition, the balcony was very small. You would be lucky to fit three people on the balcony at once. My favorite part about the cabin? The towel animals! Haha

The Dining:

The buffets offered lots of food choices and the food was delectable. The buffets were easy to access if you just wanted to grab a quick snack before hopping off the ship. La More Cucina was the only specialty restauraunt that I went to over the course of my cruise.The food was not very good and I would never go there again. If I were you, I would just stick to the free and delicious buffets. The specialty resauraunts are not worth there money.

The Aqua Park:

The water slides were well worth the wait. Although the lines got long during the day, they were so fun! The pool was enjoyable, but it was just your typical pool, nothing special about it. The hot tubs were relaxable, but very squished when too many people came in at once.

The Sports Complex:

The ropes course was one of the most fun parts of the ship. The plank was just a tourist trap. You stand in a harness and get your picture taken. It is yet another way for the Breakaway to make money off of us suckers. The mini golf was fun, but fast and the zip line was very fun.

The Casinos:

Of course, a way to waste your money. There were lots of slot machines and that was pretty much it. Just your typical Atlantic City money waster.

Entertainment:

Jungle Fantasy was the best. There were swinging, flying, rolling, and jumping acrobats. What could be better than that? I had paid for the VIP seating, but it was not worth it. If anything, regular seating was better. Burn The Floor was exciting and fun. The show was enjoyable , but continuous dancing did get boring after awhile. Rock of Ages was definitely rated PG-13. There was some foul language and racy clothing that children should not be watching. The show is better for adults or older teenagers. Overall, the show pretty good. But make sure you come early!

Bermuda:

Beautiful and tropical! This was my first time visiting an island. It was just as good as I wanted it to be, but better. There were a few good daytime excursions. Hartley's Helmet Dive, Caves and Aquariums, Bermuda Triangle Evening Cruise, and Day at The Beach (at Snorkel Park beach). Make sure to visit the shops and local meuseums. On Wednesdays Bermuda always has a festival in the small town of Hamilton, definitely worth going to. I was so sad to leave the beautiful island of Bermuda.

Tips:

Reserve a lounge chair early in the morning. Place a towel on the chair.

Bring duct tape to seal dresser drawers.

Bring conditioner if needed. There is not any conditioner in the bathrooms.

Book shore excursions before cruising. It is much easier!

Stay out of your cabin and have fun! Go swimming or join the kids program. Participate in the onboard activities and meet new friends.

Enjoy the Breakaway. It really is a wonderful ship.

Bon Voyage! Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 11724

The room was very small and compacted. The dresser drawers opened easily so I'd advise you to bring duct tape to seal the drawers easily and temporarily. The bathroom was very small. Watch out for a small step when entering the bathroom, it is very easy to trip over. The balcony should have been larger. You would be lucky to squeeze three people onto the balcony at once. Overall, the cabin was small, but it served its purpose. The bathroom includes a hair dryer, shampoo, body wash, lotion and towels. Bring your own conditioner and a flat iron if needed.