Carnival Legend 4

“Carnival LEGENDS exceeded expectations as a Ship”
Cruise review of Carnival Legend

Mountain Salt
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

The ship itself was very nice, a bit on the opulent (like Vegas) style which I thought was very nice but some thought was a little "over the top". Despite some of pre-cruise issues with propulsion system it ran flawlessly and we went through some very high winds (peaking >60mph)for couple of days but ship was amazingly stable. Almost no sense of movement at the worst of it. Ship was clean. Wait staff in main dining room was not very professional generally but there also many that were just delightful and overall we enjoyed these dinners. Our cabin steward was a delight and a wizard with towels for our nightly amusement.

The negatives were a noticeably lower quality of night time entertainment, just average food most of the time and very little to choose from in off hours dining. No sushi in open dining at all and only offered one time that I ever saw.

Absolutely the worst regular TV, movies and video I've ever had on a ship. This was my first transatlantic (in a More cruise ship)so maybe that is common but I got more news while crossing in my own sailboat. Other cons were that communications while on board were quite limited so it was not always easy to know what was going on.

Overall we considered it a great value and a wonderful relaxing way to cross the ocean. Beats the hell out of flying and was only a little more expensive! Less

Carnival Legend Cruises to Transatlantic

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A6208
Suite 6208: perfectly adequate balcony room. Uninterrupted view and quiet room and pleasant in the roughest of sea conditions.

Lovely island and very nice people

Had a great ice cream cone on shore but the rest was just shops. Surely must be better places but we did not hear any rave reviews.

Read 4038 Nassau Reviews

This is a beautiful place. We took tour of southern end of island and there are some spectacular views. I had visited there from my own boat and had not seen any of this and the entire island is worth seeing but there is not enough time but do get beyond the port town which is also quite picturesque. You can easily walk into town from the dock. People quite helpful and most now speak some English so have no fear; wonderful place in the world.

Published 06/29/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review

Carnival Legend Cruises to Transatlantic

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?