Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by jobrooke

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: jobrooke
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
        16+ 6.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great cruise, NCL is the best!

Nowegian Breakaway was a great cruising choice! The shows were amazing. Jungle fantasy was entertaining, but the VIP seating was not well worth the cost and seating. Burn the floor was entertaining, however continuous dancing becomes boring after awhile. The room was small, but it served its purpose. Splash Academy was fun for the kids and the aqua park and sports complex were both very fun. The carry on luggage arrived in our rooms around 2 o'clock, perfect timing! The food was delicious, but avoid La Cucina. The staff was all very friendly and kind, plus I got a ton of towel animals (so cute!). My family and I received Andes mints because we are a part of the Latitudes Membership Rewards system. I do not understand why everyone couldn't have received a mint. Is it that expensive to give everyone a little chocolate?

Bermuda was beautiful and fun. I had booked a few excursions. The helmet dive was fun and very interesting. They put a helmet on your head and drop you down in the ocean. You get to pet the fish! Secondly, the aquarium and caves were both fun, but the aquarium was just your typical aquarium. Third of all, the Bermuda Triangle evening cruise was interesting, but mostly boring. I would not book that excursion again if I ever went back. Lastly, the day at the beach (snorkel park beach, I think it was) was my favorite excursion. You can rent snorkel equipment and gear, which was great if you're a beginner like me or if you're a snorkeling pro. You could also use paddle boats. Now my review is getting lengthy so I will begin to wrap it up. The fireworks were cool and you can really see them from all over the left side of the ship. You do not only have to be located at Spice H20 in order to see the fireworks. Overall, the cruise was fantastic and enjoyable. I would recommend the Norwegain Breakaway and all it has to offer to anyone who is thinking about booking a cruise vacation. Bon voyage! ðYOEº

Publication Date: 06/30/13