Silver Shadow Cruise Review by VaVintner

Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: DV
See More About: Silver Shadow Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Shadow Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Silver Shadow Deck Plans
Beautiful birthday celebration cruise

My cruise started in Anchorage. Boarding ship was seamless and since I happened to be the only person boarding at that moment, I was escorted aboard by one of the ship's officers. Lunch was in progress so I opted for the restaurant - which on embarkation day is always less crowded because some people are not aware it's open. A gathering was held for solo travelers the first evening - there were 8 of us. For the remainder of the cruise, I was always well taken care of and seated with others for meals. My butler was very cordial and competent. He chatted the first day and he made note of my preferences which were adhered to the remainder of the cruise The food and service were excellent. I was amazed that so many of the crew and staff knew me by name almost from the first day. I celebrated my birthday during this cruise. My cabin was decorated with balloons and a Happy Birthday banner and later that evening when I returned to my suite, there was a very tasty chocolate cake with a note signed by the Master of the Shadow wishing me a wonderful day.

Since we were a smaller ship we were able to get much closer to the glaciers to witness some awesome scenery. The Cruise Director narrated the glacier excursions which was informative. The other tours arranged by the ship were all well organized and always on time.

This was my 4th cruise with Silversea and I must say, it was every bit as nice as the others. It really surpassed my expectations.

Disembarkation went like clockwork. I arrived at the Vancouver airport with a couple of hours to spare. I'm already thinking about another Alaska cruise.

Publication Date: 06/28/13