“RCL still the one...........maybe”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas

wheels1000 Splendour of the Seas 4 RCL still the one...........maybe
wheels1000
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Having really liked Venice two years ago, we thought that we'd go to differnt ports on a RCL ship again.

This time we went to Kusadasi (for Ephesus), Mykonos, Split and Argosotli.

All were interesting and different (look for the parallel st behind in Argosoli) but suffice to say that it was really an interesting trip. Since this is a cruise ship review, I'll leave the ports at that.

I've been on Voyager twice and Dawn Princess and really liked this ship in it's size and layout. Typical RCL which means quite good in most things but it would be so much better if they...........

* Stopped this US gratuity thing at every turn.

* Altered US style training that includes false sounding dinner recommendations.

* Cloned that wonderful 'Mercedes' cruise director especially if the quality of entertainment is included.

* Brought the food up just one notch.

AND most of all, if they started realising that lifeboat drill needs to be taken seriously with strong command and organisation. This is not just about getting to your station & lifejacket....it's also an opportunity to control the crowd and demonstrate the crews strength and competance. Heavens knows they will need it if trouble occurs. Our station had 20 year old girls clowning around. I didn't see our officer and marking off was desultry. My complaint was taken although I was amazed at a very nice officer saying that they couldn't be rude to passengers.

Having said that .....I feel that most cruise lines are probably the same although we had a mush better drill and explanation on Dawn Princess. I notice the Ratings below don't put a level for Safety.

I'd certainly go RCL again and offer the above hoping that small things changed could make a bigger impression.

Overall Ratings

Published 06/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Splendour of the Seas Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?