Amsterdam Cruise Review by 2mnycats: Great experience with Holland America and the Amsterdam

Amsterdam 5
Member Since 2013
18 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Great experience with Holland America and the Amsterdam

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

This cruise was a "bucket list" cruise for my mother. I pushed my family into booking this cruise and I am so glad I did. I did lots of research before choosing Holland America for our Alaskan cruise (lots of research here on Cruise Critic--thank you everyone!). It was my parents (ages 81 and 82) and my sister (55) and myself (50).

From the first to the last the Amsterdam and her crew exceeded my expectations. The food, the ship, the rooms and room stewards--all fantastic. We had fantastic weather the entire cruise--in Juneau we even sunbathed on the Lido deck.

The staff really made the cruise--from the dining room staff to the Lido buffet staff (who knew that at this buffet they actually carry your plate and find you a table?) to the room stewards (who I swear are lurking in the hallways just waiting to service your room) this cruiseline is fantastic. I was not expecting this level of service ( I have become accustomed to less than stellar customer service anywhere More except Disney) and I was so amazed.

To be fair, the evening entertainment was not as good as DCL or Princess but on an Alaskan cruise, you aren't there for the entertainment and most nights we were either turning in early or watching the late night sunset.

This was an excellent cruise and I would cruise with Holland again.

Thanks again to all the Cruise Critics who answered my questions and help me plan for each port. Less

Published 06/30/13

Read more Amsterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Amsterdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Amsterdam Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: C3308 Large Ocean-View Stateroom

3308. Great view, unobstructed despite being on the lower prominade deck. Easy access to dining room.

Read All Large Ocean-View Stateroom (C) Reviews >>
Member Since 2013
18 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X