Freedom of the Seas 5

HarleyMom13
Member Since 2013
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I have always said that I would never go on a cruise because I was afraid to be off shore. My husband and his kids convinced me that cruising was the bomb. So we set up a cruise and we all went, including his mother. We had an absolutely wonderful time. This was by far the best vacation I have ever had. We took a family vote on whether to go on a cruise or spend a week at Panama City Beach. The thought of going on vacation for a week at the beach where I still had to cook and clean didn't sound like much of a vacation to me. And I am so glad I got the nerve to get on a ship and explore the ocean. I was afraid I might get sea sick, but after about the first two hours of sailing I was fine. All I experienced was a little lightheadedness. I got the true meaning of "eyes as blue as the ocean". You really have no idea just how blue and beautiful it really is until you get out in the middle of it. It was breathtaking blue and no picture can do it justice. The only thing we did that I was More not impressed with was the spa treatments. We felt very pressured to purchase spa products. My mother-in-law and step-daughter had manicures and the polish didn't even last 3 days. That was very disappointing.

We absolutely love the Freedom Of the Seas ship. She is huge and gorgeous. It was great to come to the cabin at night and have our beds made and everything neatly put away. We had little animals made out of towels to greet us. It was very nice not to do a thing, but play, the entire cruise. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep on the ship. Let me tell you, I slept like a baby. The best rest I have had in a very long time. It was so comfortable that we fell asleep one night on the balcony. Every one on the ship was very nice and would do anything we asked them and get us anything we asked for.

We have just booked our next cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. We will be gone 9 nights to Bermuda, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, and Haiti. I can't wait for this cruise. We will be spending some time in New York after this cruise. I love being able to explore and travel. I can't believe it took me this long to try cruising and now I love it.

Happy Cruising everyone.

HarleyMom13 Less

Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Grand Suite

GS1548
Very roomy cabin with tons of storage. Great balcony and quiet location.

We rented one of the cabanas and just relaxed. We ate lunch and then we all took a nap in the cabana. LOL We did the wave runner tour of the island. We saw some of the biggest star fish in Star Fish Alley that I have ever seen. We also saw a large black shark. The water was so beautiful and clear we could see to the bottom.

Loved this port.

Read 565 CocoCay Reviews

We did snorkeling here and did a small amount of shopping. We were in this port on my birthday so it was very special to me. We had a great time snorkeling with sea turtles and then just hanging out on the beach. We had lunch and also snorkeled over some coral.

This was a great day and we really had a blast.

Published 06/27/13

Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review

Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?