MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by KSWind

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8
See More About: MSC Fantasia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Fantasia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Fantasia Deck Plans
Fantastic Fantasia

We recently returned from our cruise on the MSC Fantasia. We embarked in Venice and stopped at Bari, Katakolon, Santorini, Piraeus, Corfu, and Dubrovnik. We had a port call every day of the cruise.

The embarkation process was quick and easy. In fact, it went so well we did not roam around Venice because we were allowed on the ship at around 11:00 A.M. instead of 1 P.M. as we expected.

The MSC Fantasia is a grand ship to cruise on. The entire ship was spotless and stayed that way the entire cruise. We found the food good to excellent. As posted elsewhere the food was sometimes warm but never cold. Choice and variety was good. I recommend the drink package. It was worth it.

The crew was courteous and helpful for the most part, only a few offered slow service. Language was a minor problem at times. Keep in mind English, for most crew members, is a third or fourth language.

The passengers were a mix from all over the world. Of course, the majority were Italian. We found the Italians to be reluctant to wait in line and had little concept of how entering and exiting an elevator is done. Other than that there were no other issues.

The shows offered were good to excellent. They had singers, acrobats, dancers, and tumblers. All were very talented. The shows lasted about 45 minutes. Keep in mind that the shows are geared toward folks from all over that do not always share the same language. I think MSC did well in coordinating the entertainment.

We only took a couple of shore excursions as offered by MSC. I believe they were average and may have not been worth the cost. However, this is an individual decision on excursions. I recommend you research them and make your own call.

They only flaw I could think of was the bathroom. It was too small and the design seemed to be an afterthought when compared to the rest of the ship.

I am surprised by the low rating MSC has. I think they are under rated as a cruise line by my experience. We would cruise with them again.

Publication Date: 06/27/13