Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Numbers65: Carnival Met and Exceeded Expectaions

Numbers65
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Met and Exceeded Expectaions

Sail Date: June 2013

After having cruised in recent years with Princess, RCCL and NCL, and many years ago on Sitmar, Costa, Home Lines and NCL, I was very impressed with the Carnival Breeze as was our group of 14. We were pleasantly surprised. We had a multigenerational group to my mom's 80th birthday and parents 60th anniversary.

We sailed on the 6/16 (Father's Day) 6 day Caribbean Cruise to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, and Nassau.

My kids and I enjoyed the Thrill Theater. Everyone that went really enjoyed Ben at Piano 88. He is extremely talented and funny. The ventriliquist and comedians were good. The Be A Superstar and sing with the band "Rock on Water" was great as was the band. The 1 Prodcution show I saw was good. Butch and Britany Cruise Directors were enthusiastic and fun. The sports deck staff and activities were great. Water park was fun. Pools were small but ok. The beach pool parties were fun, the screen was used well.

You could easily find many areas of activity on the More ship as well as plenty of quiet spaces both inside and outside.

Never had a problem getting a lounge chair at the Beach or Tides Pool or along the top sides or Deck 5, chairs were also available in Serenety. I really enjoyed having an Aft pool like the old school ships, surrounded by ocean on 3 sides.

Photo crew was good and accomodating.

Everywhere we went on the ship we found all of the crew, to be warm, friendly, and efficient. Our cabin steward Zoran responded quickly to every request from start of cruise until end, and was always happy to see us. The dining room staff at our Table 578 Blush, Second seating was unreal. We had the best team and main server ever. We had Koran, Cesar, and our main server Zainuddin. Our dinning experience was exceptional from the friendliness and efficiency of our team (especially Zainuddin), to the quality, temperature, selection, and presentation of the food. Dinner was our main family gathering and Zainuddin really befriended us and made each night a special experience for our group (table of 14). Each night before the dinning staff would entertain us, the Maitre d, Hatem would say "It is our goal to meet and exceede your expectations", and each night at dinner, in EVERY way they did.

Other areas, Saphire breakfast and Comedy Bruch were very good. Pizza was tops, especially if you like real Italian and NY Style crust. Tandor was excellent. Cucina Del Capitano lunch and Lido Market place were good. Blue Iguana, and Guy's Burgers were good. Lines were never too bad or over excessive where and when I dinned.

Our cove balconies were private and near the sea just like I long to be. I would sail like that on every ship if I could. There was adequite storage, bathroom was well arranged, and shower did not feel tiny. TV had a decent amount of options if you wanted.

The overall decor, layout, and ammenities on the ship were some of the best I have experienced on modern cruise ships.

Ports were good. Beach and pool by ship are nice in Grad Turk. Did the Jamaican shopping and got some nice things. Enjoyed the empty ship in Nassau.

Embarkation and Disembarkation were painless and fast. To our surprise, all of our cabins were ready as soon as we got on, shortly after 1p.

In conclusion, while I tried to find evidence of the cold food, long lines, no deck chairs, unfriendly staff that some reported, I could find none of those, but quite the opposite. We sailed on Princess in 2010 and found the dinning room food and service far superior on Carnival. I found the food and service on NCL better than Princess, and Carnival was even better than our NCL cruises (2009 and 2012).

I would reccomend this ship, it has something for everyone. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 2409

Our cove balconies were private and near the sea just like I long to be. I would sail like that on every ship if I could. Adequite storage, good design. Nice bathroom layout and shower size was good.

Nice beach and pool right where you dock, as well as shops.

Stayed on ship and enjoyed the lack of people. Been to Nassau many times.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

For a great experience go to Nine Miles (Bob Marley's Birthplace), Jamaica is much better in the country!