Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by debk68

Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: D1
Public Rooms 5+

Impressive

Flew into FLL on Saturday and stayed at the Rodeway. They offer free shuttle from airport and to cruise terminal the next day. They have a restaurant on site that claimed to be open until 3 am. We arrived at 10:30 and they had closed the kitchen. We ordered from Doughboys, they have pizza, soup, salad and sandwiches. They delivered in about 40 minutes and we enjoyed it.

Day 1 of the cruise. Hurry up and wait for the shuttle! But we were at the port by 10:45 on the ship by 11:30. Very smooth at this time of day! We went to the Park Cafe for the roast beef and salad. Dont miss the salad it was great! Because we booked out cruise last minute, we were not able to reserve tickets for shows beforehand. If you go the Studio B (ice rink), you can choose your shows and have reservations pretty much for anything. We purchased the drink package and walked around. We had the assembly drill. We had dinner in the MDR. Our food and service (Tony & Anthony from India) were both excellent.

On the way back to the airport we took a cab. $14.00 for 2. Our flight didnt leave until 3:45. We should have booked an excursion, that was a long time in the airport.

Shows-

Chicago- was very well done. I have never liked the story, but the actors and musicians were very good.

Oceanaria Make this a priority. It was breathtaking!

Blue planet- Again make it a priority! It was awesome!

Comedians- We had Kivi Rogers and Mike (forgot his last name) Kivi was tears in your eyes funny! Without being vulgar. We went to see comedy twice. Kivi had new material for both shows.

Madagascar aqua show. It was cute, and it is a chance to see the divers again!

Ice show was good as well.

Our Headliner show was Abacadabra, and Abba tribute group. We got there late, and honestly thought it was really corny and we just didnt get it. Perhaps if we had gotten there at the beginning it would have made more sense?

We stumbled on the disco party on our way somewhere. And it was a lot of fun! We avoid crowds and venues like this, but it had awesome energy.

We did the Love and Marriage show. Ken the cruise director is really great at what he does!

We went to the Ask the Captain on the last day, it was very informative!

Food-We ate in the MDR, my time dining, every night. The first night we liked the table ,930 for 2 people and our servers, Tony and Anthony both from India. We made a daily reservation for the table and the servers. We had the servers every night and the table 6 out of 7. I was very impressed with the food, especially the beef and lamb dishes. There is great variety in the starters and main courses. Deserts were ok with the exception of the chocolate melting cake and key lime pie. Those were excellent. I think with my time dining you get more of a personal service, as you are not coming in with a huge group of people all at once.

Breakfast was disappointing. The Windjammer had great variety but poor quality. We ate there once. We did the Wipeout cafe where they will make you omelets. It was good. Park cafe was my favorite, but it is limited breakfast sandwiches and bagels. But it was very fresh! We did the MDR for breakfast once and again it was OK, nothing special.

Lunch we did the MDR 3 times. All 3 times we did their buffet/salad bar. The salad bar was GREAT! You go down the line telling him what you want it your salad and he chops it up for you. Very nice! They also had 2-3 hot items . You could do the buffet line or the menu or a combination of both. Park café was great for the salad and roast beef sandwich as well. We also did the Solarium, tried Miso soup. It is interesting to note that all 3 buffet lines (windjammer, mdr and solarium) all had different hot entrees. We did the windjammer for lunch once it was OK.

Bars- Don't miss the Viking Crown Lounge on deck 17. It has breathtaking views and is a quiet place to sit and have a drink or listen to music. We also liked the bar in the solarium and Schooners. I would have liked Bolero and but it is a smoking bar. As is the Bow and Stern, but you can sit "outside" at the bow and stern.

Our room was 11604 it was a balcony overlooking the ocean. The room was nice, that balcony was on the hump so it was a little bigger than the usual balcony. It was an adjoining stateroom which in the future I will absolutely avoid. We could hear everything in the room on the other side of the door. And they had a baby that would only cry and cry and cry. She would be our wakeup call anywhere from 5- 8 am. On the second to last night we got in around 1 am. She was crying and wouldnt stop. Then the husband came in from the casino and he and his wife started fighting. While the baby is still crying I can tell you how much money he lost at the casino, I could hear it so well. On the other side with no door, we never heard our neighbors.

Drink package. We did the premium package. I dont know if it was worth it for us to do. I think I had 7 drinks in 1 day, but most days I would have 2 or 3. My husband had more and drank sodas, which may have been worth it. It was nice not to have to worry about paying for drinks. Staff was friendly about it. Twice we chose drinks that were not part of the package, and they modified them with cheaper liquor to make it fit. It would have been nice to have an itemized receipt to see how many drinks we purchased. For water, I brought a bottle from home and filled it everyday.

Ports of call-

Labadee- RCC Private Island. It was really a site to see. We are not big beach people, so we stayed on the ship until 11 and then walked around. The BBQ is nothing spectacular. Later in the afternoon we found chairs in the shade and took a nap on the beach. Nice day.

Falmouth Jamaica PLAN AN EXCURSION! We did not, and tried to walk through town and it was horrible. We felt very uncomfortable and came right back on the ship. We dont mind people asking us to buy, but they just wont leave you alone! We were walking and told this one guy we didnt want a guide we were just walking and he followed behind us for 2 blocks.

Cozumel- Is one of our favorite ports, we walked from the ship to town (about 8 miles roundtrip). We ate at Jimmy Buffets, because we had the free margarita coupon. It is a small blue margarita in a plastic cup. Food was ok. Would have preferred a local place. Shopping was not as bad as Flamouth, but everything looks like it was made in China. Didnt see many authentic crafts. If you do go to town, there are at least 2 stores that sell the necklaces that you see everywhere, for just $1.00. I paid $5.00 for on in Labadee.

Never used the pools or zipline the wave runner is fun to watch.

We had a fabulous time on this ship. The staff goes out of your way to make you feel special. The food was mostly very good. It never felt crowded on this ship. The entertainment was great. We were never bored. Yet were very relaxed. I think you can make it YOUR vacation. If you want to be busy you can be.

Publication Date: 06/26/13