Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Chappy3: Carnival Liberty 6/15-6/22 2013

1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty 6/15-6/22 2013

Sail Date: June 2013

When I originally booked the trip according to Carnivals own website several different rooms were available including the inside cabin that I desired for three people. I asked the operator for that room and was told that it was not available instead he had an outside room for $30 more per person. He told me that rooms had to be sold according to coast guard regulations and that because of weight the other rooms could not be sold or occupied. Directly after reserving our room I called Carnival both of which said the rooms for 3 people were still available. I asked the Carnival operator for the two category upgrade and again was told that no rooms were available(again the website showed multiple 3 person rooms available)

Upon entering the boat we encountered several people with the T-shirts that said "Ask Me" on them none of whom seemed to know anything about the ship. I asked one young lady directions to our stateroom and was told the that it "was near the bow in the back of More the boat". We laughed a bit and managed to find the room on our own. The room was nice and clean but a little on the small side. We ate in the buffet dining areas for lunch. The food was palatable but unremarkable. The evening meals were much better for the most part the food was outstanding. We were served prime rib that was bad and had a dessert that was completely frozen served.

Our trip was cut short due to weather as we wound up missing 2 ports (Belieze and Roatan) and were rewarded with a $13 refund if memory serves.(An almost identical 3 port trip was priced at $150PP under what we paid for our 4 port trip) We were given a stop in Ocho Rios which honestly had the most overpriced excursion for a zip line/tubing excursion. The excursion price was over $100 without a meal and honestly the zip lines were a joke. We also purchased a photo disk for $40 that had 14 photos all of which were very low resolution images) Our trips in he Grand Caymans (Beginners Scuba) and Cozumel (Underground River) were both very good and we felt reasonably priced.

While cruising we had a baby staying next door who either had parents that were completely deaf (as the baby cried for 2 hours or more per night) or they simply were not there. Again, we were told that no other cabins were available. We did hear them page the parent once after a phone complaint but other that that very little was done.

After the cruise I called the customer service line at Carnival and after 10 minutes or so of conversation they simply hung up or got disconnected. No resolution of any kind was offered. I filled out the customer questionnaire and did receive a phone call after e-mailing and was told that I could get a 15% reduction on some future cruise.

In closing if anyone has a number at carnival that I can call and actually get something done please advise. Also does anyone know the actual port fees for Belieze and Roatan? I saw somewhere that the average port fee is $25 per person. Any advice would be appreciated. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Oceanview Riviera 1388

We were supposed to get a two category upgrade but did not. Our room vibrated a good bit throughhout the trip

Amazing River & Cavern Explore

(5)

Great trip although the photos at $70 were quite expensive. Several pics that were taken were missing from the disk.

Scuba - Beginner

(5)

Great instructors....loved the dive and we rented a underwater camera for $40 that included the dik

Zip-lining

We did the Zip line/Tubing excursion.

The Zip line was an absolute joke with 3 lines total and very little in the way of scenery
The tubing was very scenic and I would advise doing just this and saving the $40 that the zipline cost in addition.Photos were $40 and very low resolution. We were not provided juice/water as the brochure promised and meals/drinks were additional. Also each and every person that works there wants a tip and isn't shy about asking