Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by CRUISERMOMX3

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: CRUISERMOMX3
Cruise Date: June 2013

Luke warm Breeze

I am a huge fan of cruising and of the dozen I have been on, this recent trip on the Breeze was the most disappointing. I read all the reviews on this ship and went into it with an open mind. This was a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents and there were 11 of us traveling together in 5 cabins.

Embarkment--Port of Miami is quick and efficient. They really know what they are doing. We arrived at 1:00 and were in our cabin by 1:30. There was some confusion later on about the colors of our Sign and Sail cards so if you are a repeat cruiser, pay attention to what you are issued when you are being processed.

Cabins--My son and I had a balcony cabin which was spacious, had tons of storage, 3 closets, and a couch which we used quite a bit. The bathroom seemed a little bigger than some ships I have been on and had 6 small shelves for storage. My daughters had an inside cabin which was also spacious minus the couch. A warning to those letting their underage children have their own cabin...they do not lock or empty the mini fridge which has alcohol in it. When my daughters asked for it to be emptied, the cabin steward simply put everything behind the television, and left the small airline bottles in the fridge. Ask for it to be locked or taken away.

Ship--beautiful and well appointed. The Caribbean feel is everywhere, even in the bathrooms. Speaking of bathrooms, there are very, very few public restrooms on this ship. From the Serenity area on deck 12, I had to come down to the pool area on deck 10 or use the one in the spa. Even the kids using the Waterworks area in deck 11 had to use the spa bathrooms. Not very convenient. The Serenity area is large, comfortable and has plenty of seating. I used it on the day we were in Nassau and there were only 2 other adults up there. The ropes course was only open on the last day because of high winds, but the kids and I all did it and it was a lot of fun. Putt-putt was never too crowded. There are only 2 small pools that get very crowded. There are no hot tubs by the main pool, but there are 2 by the Tides pool and several others scattered around the ship. They are not really hot and there were several families just camped out there for the day.

Food--lines are long at the buffets depending on the time you get there. Like all areas of this ship, the Lido buffet is chopped up into small areas that are hard to navigate. I had to go to several separate stations to get fresh fruit, cottage cheese, and eggs. Drink stations are crowded because each only has one coffee machine and one juice machine. Main Dining room food was pretty good. We had a horrible experience the first night because our waiter was sick and the replacement had never waited tables before. This was taken care of on the second night and we had amazing service the rest of the week. Guys burgers were amazing and Cucinas free pasta lunches were delicious.

Misc--The Breeze is the first ship I have been on that was difficult to navigate. They have tons of things to do,but to add them they had to chop up the ship into smaller areas. I did not go to any of the shows except the comedy show which was good. My kids did karaoke and enjoyed it. The NBA finals shown on the big poolside screen which was good for fans, but monopolized the pool area at night for three nights. There were lots of upgraded seating and lounge chairs, no bad smells but the hallways and common areas were always a little too warm and muggy, and the shops were smaller than I imagined. Anyone who has an OBC can cash it out anytime at the Service Desk but don't wait until the end of the last day or you'll have a huge line. Have your formal pictures taken on the first formal night because we waited and were disappointed in ours and had no time to retake them. The photographers rush you through and didn't have the lighting right.

All in all, this was an enjoyable cruise but I do not think I will be cruising the Breeze again until they get some kinks worked out.

Publication Date: 06/27/13