Carnival Dream Cruise Review by not2nuts07

Member Name: not2nuts07
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Super Unimpressed

My boyfriend and I were told that cruising is the best vacation. We'll be cut off from the rest of the world, that it is relaxing, and the food would be the best we've ever had. So we went on our first cruise ever with a group of friends who have been on MANY other cruises.

The food was just a step above a nasty Applebees except for the Steakhouse which was delicious (get the cowboy steak and tune tartar). If the annoying kids weren't getting in your way then it was all the other passengers who would cut in front of me or refuse to move even an inch to let you pass. We are all on vacation so stop thinking that you deserve better treatment than me! The buffet was super BLAH with the same thing for breakfast and only slight changes at lunch and always a long wait in line. We always ate at the dining room every dinner which was good but nothing amazing, the staff was cool and super fast bringing our food out. I was really looking forward to the sushi bar The Dream had but it was NEVER open and if it was open it was only a salad bar. I love sushi so this really pissed me off.

The comedians were the BEST entertainment, and we went to a lot of shows in the Encore theatre. If you don't want to stand for the comedians then you better get in line a half an hour early just to get a seat.

The spa was nice but so expensive even with the deals they have every day.

The 3 stops were okay but everyone kept saying you could bargain with the shops on prices but the only place we were able to do that was in Nassau.

For the amount of money spent just to get the trip and the extra spent on EVERYThing on the boat it was not worth it. Yes the food is free but it was very BLAH. You might like the food if you think Applebee's is 5 star dining.

Finding a seat on the deck is next to impossible unless you get their at 8am or you want a seat in a corner with no view or in the shade. I couldn't even get into any of the pools b/c they were so packed all the time either with fat couples or a bunch of kids. I personally don't like having someone I don't know right on top of me in a pool but if you do then you'll be fine.

I didn't get use to being thrown around the boat because of the rough seas until day 4 so I had 3 days of not being exhausted from the motion sickness pills. Now I get sick just sitting here typing this on because my intense vertigo hasn't worn off.

Publication Date: 06/27/13