“I am happy for a first timer. But I want to see what else is out ther”
Cruise review of Norwegian Sky

kris38ddRN Norwegian Sky 4 I am happy for a first timer. But I want to see what else is out ther
kris38ddRN
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Overall for a first timer I had a pleasant experience. But after hearing how cruises really can be I am interested in trying another line to compare.

Embarkation and disembarkation was fine no complaints there. It was orderly and speedily. It was spring break week so there was a lot of 20 somethings. There also was a lot of couples and young couples with babies. I went on this cruise as a sister trip. It did make me long for a significant other, so I don't think this is a good cruise ship for singles.

I enjoyed the food. No need to try any of the extra charge specialty restaurants. The first night we had lobster and steak and Yes, you can order as man lobsters as you want! I was pleased with the décor. All the little kids running around were kind of annoying, but perhaps because I didn't have my children with me, but I do think kids will have fun on this one. never got in the pool on the ship because it was always slightly too cold in the lower eighties. The parties were lively and the entertainment was great.

The private island was nice, but the shore was so full of sharp and large rocks it made it uncomfortable to enjoy the ocean. Someone should really clean it up. I had a great time in Atlantis! I took a taxi over to the resort and had a tour and a blast. Don't buy the excursion, I made out much better that way. I was happy with my cabin, I thought it was larger than expected and clean and quiet.

Overall I had a pretty good trip. I must admit I don't want to vacation any other way than a cruise, but I do want to try some other ships and see what I can compare this one to. But in the end I was not disappointed.

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside

It was fun. I did snorkeling and there was a nice buffet and places to shop. I got some island made souveniers. The shore was horrible. There were jagged rocks all along the shoreline and made it painful to get in and out the water. The sea life was abundant for snorkeling and the birds are aggressive.

Published 06/26/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sky Review
Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?