Disney Dream Cruise Review by Guinness4me: What a Dream

What a Dream

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Finally booked a cruise, we had heard good things about DCL and we were more than blown away. We had set our expectations relatively high since Disney has such great service at their resorts and parks, and we were even more impressed with their cruise line. We are a family with the wife and I and a son who is 8 and a daughter who is 11.

We had an 11am port arrival time, we arrived inside the terminal at around 10:35, zipped right up to the counter to an awaiting cast member that checked us in, no wait time, got our key to the world cards and we were assigned boarding group 6. Then got in line for a picture with Mickey. After the picture we checked out the terminal, not much to see except you can watch the dock and all the hard workers loading and unloading the ship with nice views of the ship from a outside overlook deck.

Around 11:15 the ship was cleared for embarking, since we were group 6 I thought it would be a while, boy was I wrong, at 11:30 our boarding group More was called, a few minutes later we were walking on to the beautiful ship as they announced our family name.

The Disney Dream has a beautiful look to it, very elegant and classy, I would describe it as a 5 star luxury hotel, you would never know you were on a Disney cruise by the look and feel of the ship unless you saw a character greeting, or you were at the pool deck or you picked up on the subtle clues in the decorations and hidden Mickeys. Very beautiful ship!

The rooms were fantastic, we had a standard Aft verandah room, very spacious, actually surprised how spacious it was, loved the separate bath, shower in one room, toilet in the other, with 4 of us getting ready at once, this was great, it allowed for a nice "flow" to getting ready. The bed was very comfortable and the kids sleeping area with the converted couch and pull down bed was actually rather wider than I would have thought.

Food, in my opinion was fantastic, we did all the standard rotational restaurants and the food exceeded my expectations, the service was excellent from our wait staff that followed us to each restaurant. We did the Palo brunch and that was just perfect, nice and relaxing and the food and service were top notch again.

Even the food at Cabanas was great.

The shows were better than I expected, my wife loved them and she is kind of picky about her shows, she absolutely loved them.

We went on what I thought was a busy time of year, Memorial Day weekend and the ship in my opinion never felt crowded, I could even find a place to sit at the pool every time we went to it.

Before this cruise, my wife was a little irritated with me, due to the expense of it and how it was stretching our budget and making things tight. She begged me months before we went, "we cannot book another cruise while we are on board". Earlier I had told her that you get 10% off on future cruises if you book while on board. Even the day before we got on the ship, no booking on board. Well, on the third day she said we have to book another cruise! So on the fourth day we booked another future cruise. Can't wait. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream 9166

Hugh rooms, and our aft room was very quiet, no noise int he hallways