Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by pinkie60

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Had a Blast!!!

So I have sailed on this ship before in 2011 with my daughter and grandchildren. This time I went with my girlfriends. A totally different experience. Embarkation was a breeze and we got on the ship at 11:30. Our bags were taken from us and up to the buffet we went. The food was great as usual and because I decided to purchase the $60 drink package so were the drinks. You get 10 drinks tickets, any kind of drink you want and all top shelf.

The sail away party was a lot fun because the Cruise Director is now Steve Zimmerman who was just a comedian when I sailed in 2011. He and his side kicks were so much fun, I don't remember Carnival doing this. He was milling and socializing with guests throughout the entire cruise. We opted to eat later and the first night we ate the Rio. The sausage and pork and beef they bring to your table was enough food for me. I could hardly eat my prime rib. We then went to the casino and my girlfriend won a couple of bucks on the machines. Then we went to the late show and the comedian who was there (I am sorry I forgot his name) was great. There was also a singer who worked for Disneyworld at one point and sounded like Whitney Houston. Very good singer and very entertaining.

The next morning we docked in Freeport and boy has that changed since 2011. They now had a Senor Frogs and all these cute bungalows of touristy things to buy. They also had a liquor store which saved me some money so I didn't have to take a cab to buy my husband's favorite rum (Ricardo's) which is only sold in the Bahamas. So we had a great day in port and there were two other Carnival ships docked next to us, he Dream and the Fantasy. You could also see when you are on the ship the poor Grandeur of the Seas getting repaired. We shoved off at 6:00 and had a late dinner at the Cove. As usual dinner was good and we got to sit next to a nice woman who brought her 13 year old son for the cruise experience. They were from Gainesville and she had done this cruise before with her other children.

Oh, I almost forgot the wine tasting, that cost $10 but was so totally worth it. Many different wines and cheeses and the best part you get to meet other people on the cruise. It was a great ice breaker and that was on the first night. At 11:00 pm they had an adult comedy show that was great. The next morning we woke up docked back Palm Beach. We had a good breakfast and at 10:00 am we were through customs and on our way home. My friends and I are planning to do this again next. If you plan to sail on her, do so in advance because she sailing full right through September. The only negative thing I can say about this ship are her mattresses. Not the bedding but mattresses themselves. THEY NEED TO UPGRADE THE MATTRESSES!!!

Publication Date: 06/26/13