Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by booda39

Member Name: booda39
Cruise Date: July 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4E
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        3-6 1.0
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

A Great Time for Everyone

I was in awe as soon as we reached the port! The ship is so majestic walking up to it. We checked in online, so checking in at the port was a breeze. We were greeted at the entrance and directed right to the dining room where we had lunch. There were buffets galore. I had a stir fry dish that was wonderful. We walked around exploring the ship until it was time for the safety drill on the deck. The drill was chaotic and loud, so if we were gonna sink, I probably would have drowned or been very confused because I heard nothing.

We were told luggage could take some hours, however, ours was at our cabin right away. We checked the kids into their kids clubs and threw on our bathing suits! The kids had a great time in the water park area and my husband and I relaxed.

The activities were ok. We weren't able to experience too many of them because we wanted to make sure the kids were able to do all they wanted to do. Considering their ages are wide ranges, everyone wanted to do something different. The nightclub left a lot to be desired, however. It was just short of a strip club in there and it was pretty empty. We didn't stay very long.

Nassau was great. We opted to just lounge on the beach during the day. That evening, we went to Senor Frogs. That was a blast! We headed back to the ship for the midnight buffet and passed out!

Each night we ate in the dining room and the food was excellent. The chocolate melting cake was to die for. I think that was a family favorite.

The only downside to the trip was the fact almost an entire deck shares an iron!!!!! Insane!! The line to wait for the iron was ridiculous and the room to iron in was very small. Why the cabins do not have an iron is beyond me. But that was crazy. We will be bringing our own iron next time!

All in all, we had a wonderful time and I look forward to our next cruise. This time, just hubby and I.

Publication Date: 06/26/13