Carnival Glory Cruise Review by jcruzen

Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 6B
        13-15 3.0

Carnival Glory - Boston to Nova Scotia

I took my two teenage boys (15 & 13) on the Carnival Glory out of Boston on June 16. To begin, the embarkation and debarkation process out and in to Boston was amazing. We arrived at the ship about 2pm and 20 quick minutes were on the ship with limited lines and friendly service. We had lunch and headed down to our oceanview cabin on Deck 1 where our luggage had already been delivered. Unbelievable! Boston does it right.

Overall, we had beautiful weather which made the trip very enjoyable. We realized that it really didn't matter that we were in the bowels of the ship since we still had a window and our room was conveniently located near an elevator in proximity to the Casino and Lido deck where most of the action was.

I agree with other reviewers that the food at the buffet for dinner was lousy. If you've travelled with other cruise lines (Royal Carribean, Norwegian, etc.), you know the quality is much better. However, breakfast was great and lunch was all right, but tjhere were long lines to contend with. We found ourselves REALLY enjoying Guy's Burger joint (awesome burgers & fries), the Blue Iguana burrito bar (outstanding!), the pizza parlor, and the sandwich desk. They were delicious! I managed to get my boys to the dining room once for dinner on formal night. We opted not to dress formally that evening and my older son was asked to return to the room to change out of his shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops when he tried to use the restroom. It was pretty funny to see him come back all dressed up. They served lobster tails and shrimp that night that were delicious. I had 4 servings myself. However, the other meals on the menu did not look appetizing and my son's fried chicken was dry. With the meal being more structured, we kept it more freestyle depending on what we felt like eating.

Overall, the cruise was a great experience. The Hasbro Game Show is a riot! I got a good deal on our cabin and very glad I got to reconnect with my kids over the 5 days we were gone. The room had a queen and twin size bed that were plenty of room for us. Overall, I give the cruise a solid B. My only wish was that they kept the pools and jacuzzis in the kid's area with the water slide open later so adults could chill out with their kids later in the eventing. By the way, watching a Bruins game on the huge movie screen outside on a beautiful night is wonderful. It doesn't get much better!

Publication Date: 06/25/13