Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Sweetpea246: Dissapointing Emerald Princess experience but fantastic land tour thro

Sweetpea246
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Baltic Sea Cruises

Dissapointing Emerald Princess experience but fantastic land tour thro

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

The land tour by Globus thru Princess was exceptional. We started in Budapest, Hungary for two nights and toured Vienna, Austria, Prague, Czech Republic, Dresden and Berlin, Germany. We then took a ferry across from Rostock, Germany to Copenhagen, Denmark. The whole trip was fun, enlightening, met new friends on the tour and enjoyed everywhere we stayed.

We boarded the Emerald Princess and was overwhelmed with its size. When we opened the door to our mini-suite it was very worn and not so clean. Old soap was left in the tub and the bed dipped in the middle. I had paid extra to surprise my husband. I can say the room was large and had a nice balcony. We had arrived late from our tour and did the muster station then went back to our room to freshen up for dinner. We had the 6:00 seating and were late by 15 minutes. The head waiter said we couldn't come in even though we had a set table. He sent us to the anytime dinning and they said we had to wait 40 minutes. We were so hungry More that we went up to the cafe and everything was picked over. We ate a few bites and went to our room.

One morning my husband got up to brush his teeth and brown water came out of the faucet. We called the desk and they said they cleaned the tanks and it was okay to drink. My husband went down to the desk to talk to them after it didn't clear up. When he left I went out side my stateroom and several of the people were out asking what happened to the water and they were not happy. We bought a bottle of water for $3.50 to use. We were clearly disappointed with Princess. The next day I cancelled all but 1 Princess tour (Russia for 2 days). In each port we either hired a taxi to take us to all the places for the day or walked to all the places the tours would have taken us. We enjoyed talking to the locals and having coffee or lunch with them.

Back to the Emerald Princess....food was inconsistent with meat being tough or no flavor, entertainment wasn't that great, port/shore excursions were very expensive. Our 2 day Russian tour cost $600/each but it was really worth it! The ports that we visited we would gladly revisit. All in all, we had a terrific trip with the exception of things that happened on the ship. We will not take another cruise with Princess and we will not recommend them to our friends. To us it is a step above Carnival. I know others on this trip thought the same thing about the food, service and entertainment and they had been on other Princess ships. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Emerald Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Dolphin 5110

Great size, room a little worn and not clean.