“OMG.... the pool”

Blake22
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I know there was a Pool Butler. I saw him -- cute guy; awesome sunglasses. How did he miss seeing the 8 children wearing diapers in the pool? Day after day. How did he miss the mother feeding her child baby bird style while standing in the middle of the pool ledge with food falling everywhere. Same kid had on baggy shorts and no diaper at all. Did he not hear the Grandpa yell to the mom of an adorable little girl that she was "pooped" and they needed to change her? Call me chicken but there's not enough chemicals in the world to entice me into that pool! LOL

Dining Room - A/C people; please. The uncomfortable temp at least distracted me from the lack of options on the main dining room menu. I'm not a picking eater and usually on cruises just love to try new things. This cruise instead of trying to narrow down my selections, I searched for what to order. I think this was the most noticeable difference between Celebrity and Royal. Hands down, Royal main dining is a better fit for me. (The crepe restaurant would have been my choice every day - excellent service and fantastic food.)

Cabin 9028 - Nice enough; clean enough; great location just one floor down from the pool deck yet very quiet.

Bars - It was an adventure. No two drinks were ever made the same (even from the same bartender). I would have to guess some of the bartenders in the outside areas were new. Seemed to be lacking in training. If you ordered something that wasn't on their list, I was told "no" and they would make me something "special". There is nothing special about a Pina Colada in my book. But, that being said, the drinks were cold, plentiful and the staff was friendly. Outweighed the whole mystery of what you were going to get when you ordered.

Bermuda - easy to get around; a little pricey compared to other islands; Swizzle Inn was fantastic; Horseshoe Bay beautiful; transportation easy enough to get around using the day passes for ferry/bus combos that can get you anywhere.

Port days - The smell of diesel fuel (maybe from generators?) was overwhelming sitting on the pool deck.

Overall - This was a fairly last minute get away so our expectations weren't high. Probably won't be in a hurry to book again with Celebrity. Call us Loyal to Royal!

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1B9028
Nice enough; clean enough; plenty of space; bathroom showed no signs of the dirt/mold/wear that has been reported of other cabins; location was convenient to the pool deck but still very quiet. The overhang from deck 10 doesn't shadow this particular cabin.
Published 06/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?