Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Eveie: Never again

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Never again

Sail Date: April 2013

I booked this trip with my sister, who is a Platinum member and serious cruiser. We had a very small baloney suite on the 12th floor. No toilettries were provided, no pens, paper or turn-down service was offered. The fridge was prepacked with RCL drinks, for purchase, leaving no room for anything else you may want to cool. The toilet was leaking all over the place upon our arrival and I think the worse part was the attitude mbof the staff who automatically blamed you for anything that went wrong. Our call to member housekeeping was answered by a immediate lecture on what we should not flush, even though we just walked in the door, and had not used the facilities as of yet. There was no offer to change our room, just a promise that someone would come fix the problem. That began our week long vacation and set the tone for our adventure with RCL.

If you like to eat good food on vacation, you must buy it. Nothing is included, other than mediocre cafe food in a very limited number More of places. Even the grand dining room offered very small bland fare with better options for purchase only. If you want to eat late, buy it, no midnight buffets here. But from the minute you walk on to the ship, they are lined up trying to sell you spa packages, photos and 'specialty' dining packages. Want good coffee? Buy it, with a 18% gratuity added, at Starbucks.

Not only was I dismayed with the constant hard-selling techniques used, but after falling and injuring my ankle in the fitness area, once again, the first response by the fitness manager was, didn't you see the sign? Well, I admit I saw no sign as I tripped over a gap in front of a treadmill. No offer to help as you would expect out of common curtesy.
I will not travel with RCL again since no amount of money could make that experience worth it. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 12

Small room with comfortable beds.

Salsa & Salsa

(4)

Friendly cooks and lots of drinks, if you like that. Mexico is Mexico, hot and stinky, what else can I say?

Plantation Tour

Favorite excursion of the entire vacation. Wonderful tour guides, very friendly and entertaining. Beautiful country side and views from plantation. Great food and hostesses at plantation and nice gift shop with better prices than in town. Highly recommend this tour.

Beautiful beaches with typical vendors. RCL private beach, so no interaction with locals.

Read 360 Labadee Reviews