Discovery Cruise Review by maxgordon: Agree with previous critic and so much more!!
Overall Member Rating
Agree with previous critic and so much more!!
Destination: Baltic Sea
A truly awful experience in terms of:
EVERYTHING on board:
- herded like cattle at Harwich
- passports confiscated with no explanation - when we asked we were treated like 'naughty children'
- food terrible wherever you ate - (at times) cooked/prepared hours before - dreadful menu - monotonous salads with synthetic dressings - could easily fill a page regarding poor standards of cuisine!
- Lido dirty with trip hazards
- lots of health and safety issues including:
- broken public toilet doors - report of passengers being trapped
- faulty lifts with passengers trapped
- trip hazards re carpets and wooden decking throughout the ship
- etc. etc
- many staff lovely - but many not - being understood an issue at times
- senior management - where were they when there was a problem??
- Richard and co - lovely - but really came over that they were 'trying too hard' at times
- shore More excursions expensive but good
Disquieted to discover that the medical facilities are privately run with no adherence to base country standards and monitoring - other cruise lines have base country standards and monitoring in place.
Will never go on a CMV cruise again! Less
Read more Discovery cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Discovery Review >>
Cabin review: 9
Cabins very tired with bathrooms smelly with inefficient plumbing!
Not the best cruise we've expe...
Disappointing Chrismas Get Awa...
What a Smashing Christmas Time
What a shame she's gone
Madeira and the Azores
A WONDERFUL CRUISE & SAD FAREW...
Pleasant, low key cruise break