Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Vcdeere

Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Exciting Adventure in Alaska

Everything seemed great. We had a great update to a balcony forward on the 10th floor. My sisters were on the 9th with Mom and my nephews. I had another sister upgraded to a penthouse on the 8th floor. We were ready. The problem we had was that my husbands medication came up missing the very first day. I will say Guest services bent over backwards to aide us but no such help from the stewards supervisor. We finally came to the conclusion that it was done by accident and paid the service fee minus the price of the prescription. The spa was great the body massages were 1/2 price by Wednesday and took full advantage. If you can get up there the first day, the 119.00 for daily use if their hot spa, steam room is worth the fee.

Excursion... we purchased the Yukon Expedition for Skagway for 119.00 online and glad we did. A bear was eating dandelions on the side of the road. Eagles everywhere,, and the beauty if the area shown was a delight. The lunch was great too. I loved it. Even though it was 5 hours .. its seemed to go fast. The other excursion was the the Mendenhall in Juneau for 59.00. You can get it much cheaper at the booths right in town. It was a good sight to see but long for 2 and a half hours. A shuttle in town goes for 8.00 each way.,,, save and go local. In Ketchikan we went also local and caught our first whale sighting and bald eagle in the mini bus. That trip was 50.00 for 2 hours.

We enjoyed Moderno on the ship.. They will have to roll you home if you don't turn the green card to red to stop.... Loved it...

Tsars and Azura were great too but my little nephew s loved the buffet in the Garden on the 12th... out of 5 stars I would give it a 4 because of the medication.

Publication Date: 06/18/13