Arcadia Cruise Review by Snaggle40: Wonderful 1st cruise

Wonderful 1st cruise

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

After taking a while to persuade my husband to give cruising a try a doubt we will do any other type of holiday! From start to finish it was a wonderful, relaxing holiday.

We had read reviews on here and were a little worried about Arcadia from some of the reviews but all concerns quickly left us. Arcadia is a beautiful ship, spotlessly clean with wonderful, friendly staff. I would have absolutely no problem either cruising on her again or recommending her to others. Our cabin was lovely and spacious and the air con was a Godsend in the Med!

There are a few issues I will mentions but all very minor. The Belvidere buffet restaurant is too small for the amount of passengers and some times it was a bit of a rugby scrum. We chose to have breakfast in our cabin everyday which sorted that and at lunch time mainly we ate at the Neptune grill. But when we did brave it in there the food was lovely!

The main client group was elderly and some people really can More moan but for every moaning person there were a good amount of lovely people.

The trips were not disabled friendly and again considering most passengers were elderly and a large amount of people (myself included) had mobility problems this made thing difficult.

But nothing can distract from thee fact that we have had the most relaxing, lovely holiday ever. I would strongly recommend Arcadia and her lovely crew Less

Read more Arcadia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Arcadia Review >>

Cabin review: Arcadia Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower C Deck B121

Cabin B121. B deck Aft.Lovely cabin. More spacious than we expected. Lots of cupboard space. Lovely bathroom with shower over small bath. (bigger than we expected) Plenty of space under bed for all our luggage plus my wheelchair when not in use. Close to lifts and convenient for both Belvidere and main dining room.